Huddy*

Aug 6, 2009
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Players playing in the WJC that have been drafted by the Red Wings

1. Martin Frk--Czech Republic

2. Jake Paterson-- Canada

3. Xavier Ouellet-- Canada

4. Ryan Sproule-- Canada

Thin list...Paterson should be fun to watch. Thoughts on these players?

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Players playing in the WJC that have been drafted by the Red Wings

1. Martin Frk--Czech Republic

2. Jake Paterson-- Canada

3. Xavier Ouellet-- Canada

4. Ryan Sproule-- Canada

Thin list...Paterson should be fun to watch. Thoughts on these players?

Sproul was cut by team Canada yesterday. It's a shame, I thought he had a better camp than Murphy

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
as a completly bias Wings fan I think Sproul got screwed because Spott picked his own player over him. They have almost the same stats but Sproul has played half the games. Sproul should have made the team over that midget.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
as a completly bias Wings fan I think Sproul got screwed because Spott picked his own player over him. They have almost the same stats but Sproul has played half the games. Sproul should have made the team over that midget.

Frank Corrado had a better camp then both Murphy and Sproul and he was cut to make space for Murphy in the top 6. I definitely think politics/favourites had a role in the cuts but that had more to do with Corrado being cut. Sproul didn't do enough to "wow" the coaches, and he was a long shot from the get-go.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Frank Corrado had a better camp then both Murphy and Sproul and he was cut to make space for Murphy in the top 6. I definitely think politics/favourites had a role in the cuts but that had more to do with Corrado being cut. Sproul didn't do enough to "wow" the coaches, and he was a long shot from the get-go.

This I agree with. I watched the games against the CIS AllStars on fast hockey. Sproul really didn't stand out enough to force his way on to the team, but I still think he did play well enough to grab the 7th D spot.

Corrado for sure should have been the 6th defenceman.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I'm dissapointed that Nedomlel didn't make the Czech team. Based on talent he should have been a obvious choice but politics seem to play a role with the Czechs.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Can't wait to watch Ouellet and Paterson, it is too bad Sproul got cut.

Yeah similar thoughts, although now that the smoke has cleared I have to say as a USA hockey fan I am excited by some of the things that Hockey Canada just did. I want all the Wings prospects to play in this, but I obviously root for my nation first and all of the Wings to play well in losing efforts when none of them are on team USA.

Murphy is a gamebreaker for both teams, so as a fan of the US his inclusion is ultimately a good thing for our hopes of beating Canada.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Feels great to finally have wings prospects on team canada. Makes the whole experience so much better, where you have your favourite players on the team to cheer for.

Weird to not have any swedish/finnish prospects though

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Feels great to finally have wings prospects on team canada. Makes the whole experience so much better, where you have your favourite players on the team to cheer for.

Weird to not have any swedish/finnish prospects though

So you have a Swedish flag, live in Bloomfield Hills and root for team Canada... :huh:

RomersWorld*

I see some posting they are excited to see Paterson but isn't he likely to not even play in the tournament? Did they name the backup/3rd string or does that come later?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I see some posting they are excited to see Paterson but isn't he likely to not even play in the tournament? Did they name the backup/3rd string or does that come later?

you're right,he won't play

but the excitement isn't so much about him playing as it is him getting an edge on the competition for next year and maybe getting the starting role then,none of the other Goalies that made it(or even the other one that got invited but got cut) are eligible to play next year but Paterson is

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

Later because all teams carry three goalies now due to new roster rules.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Finland's game winner was a pretty bad hoovering from Subban.

Looks like Finland could be a dark horse in becoming WJC. Those guys play against men almost all in SM-Liiga, and it looked pretty easy for them to play against juniors. Of course great canadians, but still. Armia was unbeatable there, Harrington couldn't do anything against him. Can't wait what Barkov can do.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I know they don't have Red Wings, but I was really impressed by Team USA today. They are very fast, I think they have something for a lot of teams in the tournament, as a US fan I am very excited for what is about to be played, I think they have something for the other teams and could have a very good year, any medal is possible. I do wish they hadn't finished so poorly last year that might actually come back to haunt them because of the groups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->