Confirmed with Link: Red Wings sign F Daniel Sprong (1 yr, 2M)

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
It's often amazing to see how Dutch seems to be the link between German and English (which may very well be true linguistically anyway). Let's hope your compatriot will bring as much fun to the Red Wings as mine does!

Gruß,
BSHH
Danke Sehr, hope HSV finally gets the promotion this year to the Bundesliga

• Love
Reactions: BSHH

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I’m down with this signing, risk/reward quotient seems right. Hopefully he can continue scoring goals.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Tired of these types of signings. His 20G season was an anomaly not the norm. He's a duplicate of Fabbri... a supposed 20G player who is often injured.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Washington fan here. Liked Sprong a lot when he was a Cap. He has a wicked release on his shot and he’s faster than you’d expect. His defensive game isn’t as bad as it’s made out to be but it’s certainly not great either.

He has wheels and he can score at even strength. He must be an ass in the locker room or he freewheels too much because he seems to me to be too good an offensive threat to be on his fifth team at just 26. I gladly would have taken him back at the contract he just signed.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1688294234887.png

1688294297146.png

Same "offence" but one can finish and one can't.

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Also interesting that Sprong comes from Seattle and Yamamoto went to Seattle.

Some comparison for next year...

Last edited:

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Tired of these types of signings. His 20G season was an anomaly not the norm. He's a duplicate of Fabbri... a supposed 20G player who is often injured.
As a 1 year deal taking up a very small chunk of our major cap space, surely its worth taking a punt on?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Points per game last season

Larkin 0.98
Sprong 0.70
Perron 0.68
Compher 0.63
Raymond 0.61
Fabbri 0.57
Kubalik 0.56
Rasmussen 0.52
Copp 0.51
Berggren 0.42
Söderblom 0.38
Kostin 0.37

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Nice stat watching, he was healthy scratched because of his defensive play, not injured. Oddly, his defensive play has improved significantly since his ANA days, but he seems to get a lot of flack for it anyways.

He's definitely streaky though, 12 of 21 goals came between Thanksgiving and New Years. It all depends on how well he clicks with his center, I assume it's going to be Joey.

Fabbri is done though, I don't expect his knees to hold up at this point. Unfortunate, because I like his game aside from his puck decisions in the defensive zone. His errant passes definitely make me cringe.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Nice stat watching, he was healthy scratched because of his defensive play, not injured. Oddly, his defensive play has improved significantly since his ANA days, but he seems to get a lot of flack for it anyways.

He's definitely streaky though, 12 of 21 goals came between Thanksgiving and New Years. It all depends on how well he clicks with his center, I assume it's going to be Joey.

Fabbri is done though, I don't expect his knees to hold up at this point. Unfortunate, because I like his game aside from his puck decisions in the defensive zone. His errant passes definitely make me cringe.

Raymond will probably get Fabbri on his wing to feed. And Copp as a center.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Raymond will probably get Fabbri on his wing to feed. And Copp as a center.

I'm really thinking Copp winds up being first line winger, and Compher as 2C.

I'd really rather see Fabbri as a center than Copp, so that may be my bias. But I can see Fabbri and Ray on the same line, I think it'll work.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
No I don’t want him, i know some people do… just letting people know
Spread the gospel. We don’t be needing a 36 year old Patrick Kane trying to literally push off a hip joint that has been popped out and smoothed over with a belt sander. Apparently, it adversely affects mobility

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I think we already have too many forwards. Should get rid of one or two to give space for Kasper.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Spread the gospel. We don’t be needing a 36 year old Patrick Kane trying to literally push off a hip joint that has been popped out and smoothed over with a belt sander. Apparently, it adversely affects mobility
Hip resurfacing is really just hip replacement where take less of the top of the femur.

So yeah, probably not gonna go well.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think we already have too many forwards. Should get rid of one or two to give space for Kasper.

He has to play better than any of Top12 to push one guy out.

we need Kane otherwise DeBrincat can't score 40 goals (according to 90% of the people in this forum before we got DeBrincat)

I would be fine with 34 goals, and assisting 32 for Larkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad