Confirmed with Link: Red Wings sign F Daniel Sprong (1 yr, 2M)

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
If he can score 15 that's great. Doubt he takes Raymond or Perron's top 6 spots. If he busts we didn't pay too much.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1688238894910.png

His goal-scoring per ice-time is very good. Better than Matthews and MacKinnon.

Small role player but, very good MONEYBALL hire.

I wonder if he could ever get a bigger ice-time, how would the scoring follow?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I'm really confused by this one because he does not strike me as an Yzerman type player in the slightest. I also don't expect him to replicate his production from last season in the slightest and have no clue where he fits in lineup-wise. But I support throwing little darts at the board this way in terms of no risk and if it works out even a little bit, it helps.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Really like this deal a lot. This is the ultimate "we got Debrincat at home" type player

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
He can provide some offensive punch and a cheap no risk deal. I’m here for this signing.
A guy you can throw a few more shifts to when you are losing and need offensive minded players to score your way back into the game. We didn’t have enough of those.

I have a strong feeling Lalonde will not be a fan of Sprong though. Don’t think he’ll see much ice in games we are tied/winning.

Reactions: NickH8

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I'm really confused by this one because he does not strike me as an Yzerman type player in the slightest. I also don't expect him to replicate his production from last season in the slightest and have no clue where he fits in lineup-wise. But I support throwing little darts at the board this way in terms of no risk and if it works out even a little bit, it helps.

I'm in the same boat, but the deal being one year makes it palatable.

If he can't replicate his production from the past season, he can go to the pressbox or on waivers and someone that can play a 200' game can take his spot.

Reactions: PullHard

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Fabbri would be the whoever.

I think Lalonde might swap Fabbri and Sprong, then move Sprong up when we need a goal.

Kubalik - Larkin - Raymond
Rasmussen - Copp - Perron
Berggren - Kasper - Fabbri
Kostin - Veleno - Sprong

That isn't a bad lineup. Lacks the firepower but could replicate Seattle with 4 solid lines if all goes well.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Historic, one of my fellow dutchies joining my team!❤️

Veel geluk Daniel, hoop dat je veel goals maakt! Groetjes uit Nederland
It's often amazing to see how Dutch seems to be the link between German and English (which may very well be true linguistically anyway). Let's hope your compatriot will bring as much fun to the Red Wings as mine does!

Gruß,
BSHH

Reactions: Killerjas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad