GDT: Red Wings @ Sabres 7 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 - Playoff Push Restarts HERE

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
The beautiful thing is, we absolutely do not...
The smart bet is that the Sabres do not make the playoffs. It’s a long long long shot. They need to win the next three in regulation to keep the hope alive. 2/3 don’t cut it

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I felt really confident about this game until everyone who covers the Sabres talked about how big it was.

Now I’ve never been more sure of a loss by some horrible call or fluke bounce in my life.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
The smart bet is that the Sabres do not make the playoffs. It’s a long long long shot. They need to win the next three in regulation to keep the hope alive. 2/3 don’t cut it
It's certainly not breaking news that the smart bet is against the side whose odds are 1-5%. However, the cold, hard fact is we do not know what happens next, which is all I said.

Plenty have already quit on this season in various threads throughout the year, which is their prerogative. Not letting their negative energy stand unchecked feels like my duty as a supporter of this team. Plus it's more fun.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Those are some sorrowful teams between the Sabres and Red Wings in the standings. They'd all have to implode while the Sabres go on by far their best run of the season. Not impossible, but one hell of a longshot.

Hopefully the recent changes will light a fire under their asses.

> Their pal and core guy Casey traded.
> Their two most experienced players traded.
> Seeing that the new guy Byram can really hockey.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
This is a must-win game in the sense that losing moves our playoff chances from 1% to 0.1%.

Is anybody else haunted by Lyon stonewalling us in a must-win game against the Panthers last year? Hopefully history doesn’t repeat itself.

then out him out in the first period. Give Detroit the 5 minute PP

then do the same to the backup

win at all costs

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
We need to go 14-3-0 to get to 93 points. 13-3-1 to get to 92

View attachment 834637
Detroit needs 10-8 to get to 92 and they lost 5 in a row and Larkin will probably not be at 100% when he comes back.
And despite them losing the last 5 they still have a better record than tampa and the flyers in their last 10.

So let's hope it will be less than 92 :laugh:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Detroit needs 10-8 to get to 92 and they lost 5 in a row and Larkin will probably not be at 100% when he comes back.
And despite them losing the last 5 they still have a better record than tampa and the flyers in their last 10.

So let's hope it will be less than 92 :laugh:
But between all the teams ahead of us, someone is going to get to 92 at least. It seems like the last spot usually ranges from 92 to 100.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
But between all the teams ahead of us, someone is going to get to 92 at least. It seems like the last spot usually ranges from 92 to 100.
Seems like the lowest in the cap era was 87 points for the wild in 15-16, the next team after them was collorado with 82(!). But yeah someone might get there, but all those teams are fighting for 3 spots, and all of them would need above .500 hockey to get to 92.

p.s. and whoever needs a downer here is the remaining strenght of scedule:

Last edited:

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
As a counter jinx I've still given up and refuse to watch games.
Swedish hockey team faces relegation now, my sports year has been terrible.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
2 out of the next 3 are against the Dead Things. At the very least we can try screwing up their playoff chances.
Im not holding my breath for playoffs, or even and interesting end to the season, but I would enjoy make the Red Wings chances at the playoffs less likely.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad