Salary Cap: Red Wings roster with 69.0M Final estimation

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
There is a high probability that this is a lineup we will see at some point in the season.

FORWARDS
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($7.500m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.950m)
Danny Cleary ($1.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Tomas Tatar ($2.000m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.000m)
Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Riley Sheahan ($0.950m) / Drew Miller ($1.350m)
Mitchell Callahan ($0.900m) / Luke Glendening ($0.628m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Brendan Smith ($1.263m)
Danny DeKeyser ($3.000m) / Kyle Quincey ($4.250m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($4.250m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.850m)

BUYOUTS
Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.000m)
Jordin Tootoo ($0.000m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$3,017,500
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,937,879; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $62,121

Those forward lines are frustrating to read, I'm not sure I'd watch those games.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
My major concern isn't about this year, it's next year. We have no ufa's currently coming off the books next year and at least 3 rfa's who will command raises. My worst nightmare currently is the Wings spending up to the cap and giving someone multi years. If Nyquist even matches his production from last season you can be sure he's going to get a contract with a cap hit of 4+. If Smith can use the end of the season and propel his development as a top four defenseman with offensive flair that he has shown glimpses of he'll get 3-4. Jurco will probably end up with the Ken Holland special bridge deal of 2 years/950k hit unless he blows it up this year, which seems unlikely as he probably starts in the AHL. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out...

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
My major concern isn't about this year, it's next year. We have no ufa's currently coming off the books next year and at least 3 rfa's who will command raises. My worst nightmare currently is the Wings spending up to the cap and giving someone multi years. If Nyquist even matches his production from last season you can be sure he's going to get a contract with a cap hit of 4+. If Smith can use the end of the season and propel his development as a top four defenseman with offensive flair that he has shown glimpses of he'll get 3-4. Jurco will probably end up with the Ken Holland special bridge deal of 2 years/950k hit unless he blows it up this year, which seems unlikely as he probably starts in the AHL. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out...
Shouldn't be a big problem as long as we get rid of Kindl and the cap goes up. At some point we really should see a trade as well.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

I think there's no any kind of concern.

If we stay under the cap at this season, that 3M bonus overage from last season (which is eating this season cap) will come back to use. That frees space for Nyquist extension, like his former value 950k + 3M extension.

Also, cap is predicted to go heavily up because of that new TV-deal. That gives cap space for Smith extension.

Replacing Gustavsson with Mrazek saves 1M extra also.

I think what is best thing in our organization, is how our cap is managed.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I think there's no any kind of concern.

If we stay under the cap at this season, that 3M bonus overage from last season (which is eating this season cap) will come back to use. That frees space for Nyquist extension, like his former value 950k + 3M extension.

Also, cap is predicted to go heavily up because of that new TV-deal. That gives cap space for Smith extension.

Replacing Gustavsson with Mrazek saves 1M extra also.

I think what is best thing in our organization, is how our cap is managed.

and if weiss sucks, his buy out creates little more space. if he doesn't.. that's great, will gladly take that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad