Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWingsNow*

Can't help but get a little excited about AA. He's already up towards last year's totals, and frankly he's flat out better than your normal 4th rounder.

I'm not sure if AA is still on the first line on Barrie or not.
The stats are a major improvement one way or the other. If he finishes PPG this year and then continues to improve next year, we're going to have ourselves a potential bigtime steal.

An elite skater with decent size and good hands who has shown great development trajectory?

Right now his stats look a lot like Quine's Post-draft-year stats. But while Quine is a good skater, AA is already and elite skater.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I'm not sure if AA is still on the first line on Barrie or not.
The stats are a major improvement one way or the other. If he finishes PPG this year and then continues to improve next year, we're going to have ourselves a potential bigtime steal.

An elite skater with decent size and good hands who has shown great development trajectory?

Right now his stats look a lot like Quine's Post-draft-year stats. But while Quine is a good skater, AA is already and elite skater.

I think he's on the second line, he's usually been playing on a different line than Scheifele.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Athanasiou's and Quine's team banging their head against each other.

2 periods down, Barrie leads 3-1 with AA2 having a goal and assist +1. Quine is -1.

Nedolmel and Sproul playing later today.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think he's on the second line, he's usually been playing on a different line than Scheifele.

Doesnt usually play with Scheifele or get a tonne of PP time but with Camara and Sheif gone for the world juniors he'll be on the top line and get a tonne of ice time

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Athanasiou's and Quine's team banging their head against each other.

2 periods down, Barrie leads 3-1 with AA2 having a goal and assist +1. Quine is -1.

Nedolmel and Sproul playing later today.

Grease Lightning has been awesome! I hope Backman isn't badly injured and can return on the 26th.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Athanasiou 1+1, +1, 1st star. He had a penalty shot but missed, and also set up a breakaway that generated another penalty shot.
Sproul 0+1, +1, 2 PIM
Quine 0+0, -1
Nedomlel 0+1, +/- 0
Hudon 0+0, +/- 0
Toledo: Coetzee 1+1 & 1st star, Nestrasil 0+2, Pearce 18/20 saves (4-2 win)

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Athanasiou 1+1, +1, 1st star. He had a penalty shot but missed, and also set up a breakaway that generated another penalty shot.
Sproul 0+1, +1, 2 PIM
Quine 0+0, -1
Nedomlel 0+1, +/- 0
Hudon 0+0, +/- 0
Toledo: Coetzee 1+1 & 1st star, Nestrasil 0+2, Pearce 18/20 saves (4-2 win)

Athanasiou is having a breakout season, it's great to see him produce so much offense given what a disappointment Sheahan has been in that regard. :handclap:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Pulkkinen has 4 goals and 2 points in the last 6 games, now up to 14 points in 32 games. So clearly starting to find his confidence and he's had better luck as well. And it's not like he looked bad before these 6 games, because he's been trying hard all season but just hasn't produced. They will start their christmas break tomorrow after a home game vs. Blues, and will return on the 28th.

Oh yeah, he was on the 1st PP unit today. Might have been there already in the last game but not sure. Nice PP assist to I.Filppula as well.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Per OHL trade forum-section, rumors that Quine and few others have asked to be traded from Peterborough.

Hearing from a ton of people on twitter that this isn't a rumour anymore. Alan Quine, along with teammates Slater Koekkoek (TB) and Nick Ritchie (2014 draft eligible) have indeed asked to be traded.

The OHL trade deadline is January 10th.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Hearing from a ton of people on twitter that this isn't a rumour anymore. Alan Quine, along with teammates Slater Koekkoek (TB) and Nick Ritchie (2014 draft eligible) have indeed asked to be traded.

The OHL trade deadline is January 10th.

Why did they request a trade? Internal problems?

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Why did they request a trade? Internal problems?

More like because Peterborough stinks this year.

I think it's a mixture of both of these. Player's seemed to have a complete lack of faith in management after they gave Matt Puempel quite cheap. Also, a questionable deal which ended up in a player not wanting to report.

It just seemed as if there isn't really a plan as to what's going on. The team is no good, but they are going out and giving away youngsters (the questionable deal with Windsor)

Given the small window these guys have to be on a contender in junior hockey, it's not suprising.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Although it seemed to be confirmed by a few sources, I found one that disputes this.

"Mark Edwards ‏@MarkEdwardsHP

As I tweeted earlier, no #Petes players have asked for a trade at this time. Rumours about 3 players doing so are false. #OHL"

It still wouldn't surprise me if any, or all, are dealt. Especially Quine, seeing as he will likely be AHL bound next year.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Although it seemed to be confirmed by a few sources, I found one that disputes this.

"Mark Edwards ‏@MarkEdwardsHP

As I tweeted earlier, no #Petes players have asked for a trade at this time. Rumours about 3 players doing so are false. #OHL"

It still wouldn't surprise me if any, or all, are dealt. Especially Quine, seeing as he will likely be AHL bound next year.

Petes aren't like in Stevie Y's days I guess..

I hope Quine stays in junior next year. We don't have lots of spot in Grand Rapids. Or some kids need to go to Europe.

Tvrdon
Frk
Järnkrok
Ferraro
Sheahan
Pulkkinen
Jurco
Tatar

are all imo more important, have higher upside/are more surefire to make the big show. And all should get top6 ice time along with pp time. And it would be better for those kids progress that they stay in GR, instead of go to Europe where Wings can't control their development and so on.

Maybe if couple of those make NHL, then it's ok to get Quine in AHL. But I doubt that happens. So imo it's betetr for he's progress that he would stay in junior than play bottom 6 mins in GR with no pp time. GR needs some vets too, not the best solution to make top9 that has all under the age of 22 imo.

Well, Quine may blowout offensively if he gets to a better team with more support and that could change things.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Does anyone understand the rules on loaning players to other AHL teams. Can you still do that?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Petes aren't like in Stevie Y's days I guess..

I hope Quine stays in junior next year. We don't have lots of spot in Grand Rapids. Or some kids need to go to Europe.

Tvrdon
Frk
Järnkrok
Ferraro
Sheahan
Pulkkinen
Jurco
Tatar

are all imo more important, have higher upside/are more surefire to make the big show. And all should get top6 ice time along with pp time. And it would be better for those kids progress that they stay in GR, instead of go to Europe where Wings can't control their development and so on.

Maybe if couple of those make NHL, then it's ok to get Quine in AHL. But I doubt that happens. So imo it's betetr for he's progress that he would stay in junior than play bottom 6 mins in GR with no pp time. GR needs some vets too, not the best solution to make top9 that has all under the age of 22 imo.

Well, Quine may blowout offensively if he gets to a better team with more support and that could change things.

I think the forward spots won't be a problem for Griffins at season 2013-14. Nyquist and Andersson are gone for sure and Tatar maybe goes to replace Cleary. That opens spots for Pulkkinen, Järnkrok and Frk.

Pare could be a spare part for Tvrdon, if his career is over. Hoggan/Raedeke makes a spot for Quine, or there's still leverage to keep him at juniors. What ever is the best way.

Ferraro - Järnkrok - Pulkkinen
Jurco - Sheahan - Frk
Quine/Hoggan - Aubry - Tvrdon/Pare
Parkes - Quine/Raedeke - Callahan
(Goon, Veteran)

It goes pretty well IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad