Red Wings players unhappy with LCA ice

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Concerts and basketball = bad ice. That's the nature of the beast. Zetterberg commented they should be the first facility in the league to figure out how to make it better. He's got a point, when you're talking about a billion dollar project.

Do we think bringing back the orange mesh might help? Worth a try, IMO.

Reactions: Oddbob

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
I think they should have built a platform that would have left like a foot clearance between the ice and stage/floor seating or basketball court where freezing air could have been pumped in to keep the ice hard all the time. Just throwing insulation mats and then the court isn't good for the ice.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Meh this was to be expected actually.

I'm in Edmonton and they had some early complaints last year when they opened up their new arena. With a new building it takes a little time for the ice technicians to work out the kinks. IIRC, they determined that the location of their banners was interfering with airflow ultimately softening the ice. I'll be concerned f this is an issue at LCA a year from now.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
lol what a sad excuse.

How about showing up and competing and not making excuses? In the end our team just isn't good enough across the board, at every position. Lack of talent is no excuse for lack of effort though. This team is in for a sad year. I'm calling a brutal loss to Tampa tomorrow. I'm talking a 8-1 annihilation.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Sure blame the ice, Instead of the product on the ice. Other teams sure are playing well on the so called bad ice.

My 13-year old blames the soccer field if his team plays poorly.

lol what a sad excuse.

How about showing up and competing and not making excuses? In the end our team just isn't good enough across the board, at every position. Lack of talent is no excuse for lack of effort though. This team is in for a sad year. I'm calling a brutal loss to Tampa tomorrow. I'm talking a 8-1 annihilation.

What are you guys going on about? No one is using the ice quality as an excuse for their play/losses.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
What are you guys going on about? No one is using the ice quality as an excuse for their play/losses.

The team is playing poorly and they then say something about the ice quality. That's enough for some fans to jump on the team saying "we're bad because the ice is bad".
Just like somehow guys being excited for a new opportunity in Pittsburgh like Rutherford said about Sheahan is somehow a slam on us because he wasn't excited about playing here.

People look for any implications or complaints or anything to make a case that the team as currently constructed is a joke and needs to die. Frankly, it's pretty annoying.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Honestly, I was curious to see how the ice would be and I'm disappointed they couldn't figure out a way to transition flawlessly with how up to date this arena is.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
You guys are being ridiculous. I guarantee no player is blaming losses on the ice. Both teams play on the same ice. And half their games are away.

If they say the ice sucks, it's because the ice sucks. Has nothing to do with excuses.

Reactions: TheMule93

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes