GDT: Red Wings @ Penguins - Saturday 12/3 @ 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Well, yes. When Jimmy is gone, Coreau will be our loved and underpaid backup which becomes a new fan favourite when Mrazek struggles with a bigger paycheck.

Coreau has been nothing but steady and solid from last season to this day. TOP3 goalie in AHL. Very impressive at pre-season and nothing has changed in AHL at this season.

It gives a a good combo of fast reactionary goalie in Mrazek and big monster-goalie in Coreau for the future. Good differencies to have nice goalie matchups against different teams.

it's an opportunity. Nothing negative in here.

Guy loves to get a chance. He has waited this for years.

That may all end up being the case.

But Jimmy's still here. So he's not the 2nd best.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Those lines just a god damn freak mix. :O

At first, I'd put Tatar and Sheahan together, because Tatar as scored most with Sheahan. Then Glendening back to 4th line.

It gives us:

Zeta - Larkin/Nielsen - Mantha
Vanek - Nielsen/Larkin - Nyquist
Jurco - Sheahan - Tatar
Miller - Glendening - Ott

Some sense.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Those lines just a god damn freak mix. :O

At first, I'd put Tatar and Sheahan together, because Tatar as scored most with Sheahan. Then Glendening back to 4th line.

It gives us:

Zeta - Larkin - Mantha
Vanek - Nielsen - Nyquist
Jurco - Sheahan - Tatar
Miller - Glendening - Ott

Some sense.

I'm all for it.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Nosek and Lashoff called up... absolutely perfect. :D

Now will get some wins and some goals. With those 2 offensive juggernauts. :help:
I was personally hoping for Russo, the little I have seen him, I have liked his decision making and his passing and his offensive upside. Oh well, at least we get to watch a talented team like Pittsburgh.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Really? That does bring a smile to my face too. I hope Kronwall's maintentance day happens to be on a game day, Lashoff is a better option.
This has to be among the top 10 craziest things I've ever read on these boards.

And I'm including the entire hfboards history there. So that statement is competing with gems like "McIlrath is better than Fowler".

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wasn't Coreau really good against most of Pittsburgh's A squad in the pre-season? That might be the thought behind playing him tonight instead of tomorrow. He was going to play in one of the games.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Wasn't Coreau really good against most of Pittsburgh's A squad in the pre-season? That might be the thought behind playing him tonight instead of tomorrow. He was going to play in one of the games.

Not sure who the Pens iced, but yea, Coreau saved 32 of 34 or something like that against the Pens in preseason. He was pretty solid in preseason, saving 82 of 86 shots, going 2-0-0 in 3 GP.

Having said that, I'd still prefer him starting tomorrow.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

You use reactionary goalie sense goaltenders against quality chance teams = Mrazek.

Against Pittsburgh, a high shot-volume team, you just go with big-sized monster blockers.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
They probably figured they need to get at least one win this weekend. Playing Mrazek against NYI gives you the best chance to do that, I guess. Maybe then hope, then, that a rookie goalie throws off Pittsburgh.

Slapper

Oct 26, 2015
Aight first game in over a month im gonna ruin my good nights sleep for. Looks like Im in for a treat! LGRW.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Really? That does bring a smile to my face too. I hope Kronwall's maintentance day happens to be on a game day, Lashoff is a better option.

1948011_10201707432784683_522163954_n.jpg

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
feel bad for nielsen, having to play with glendening and junco as his linemates lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad