5935.png

i

(Zatkoff)

Red Wing to Watch:
Box.jpg

None of em.... well maybe Sproul I guess

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
Jurco scratched after playing a decent game.

Passengers from last night remain in the team.

Blashill inadvertently embracing the tank.

He needs to be fired. He just doesn't look like he knows what to do at this point.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Come on, just because Jurco had one decent game doesn't put him on the same level as wily vets like Riley Sheahan.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
as people mentioned in the Anaheim PGT, I expect this game to go the same way

we wont score more than 1 goal , we will lose

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Saw a post on twitter that players like Glendening always look like they are "trying really hard" and giving 100% effort" because they never have the puck and are always chasing the play.

Never thought of it that way. So true.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
He needs to be fired. He just doesn't look like he knows what to do at this point.

Yeah, I've been as patient as I can with him. Don't care much whether he's fired now or rides out the season because the playoff ship looks to have sailed. That said this team's problems go way beyond Blashill, he hasn't exactly been dealt a great hand. Ironically enough it's almost as if Blashill is the coaching version of Pulkkinen, great in the AHL but can't hack it in the NHL. Wouldn't necessarily count him out in the future on another team with a better roster though, provided he learns from his experience in Detroit.

Saw a post on twitter that players like Glendening always look like they are "trying really hard" and giving 100% effort" because they never have the puck and are always chasing the play.

Never thought of it that way. So true.

Yeah, a guy like Mantha can 'float' because he has the talent and skill to get himself into dangerous areas and capitalize on his opportunities and produce.

Guys like Glendening hustle like mad because that's 90% of the reason they're making millions in the NHL, he doesn't really have many tools in the toolbox so to speak. Power to him though, you need players like that. I have issues with his usage but that's not on him.

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
This is what I don't get about blash. No accountability to anyone but a select few. Jurco had a decent game last night. Tonight, scratched. Ur young goalie. Who has struggled and needs to regain confidence has his best game in a while. Instead of getting him right back in there the next night and letting him attempt to build on that. He opts to go with the AHL goalie. I get it's back to back. But he's young. He can handle it. Right now he needs to play and as much as possible. I think blash is totally out of touch. He's in over his head. And it's showing imo.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
If Blashill is an awful coach then the belief must be this roster is much better than they've shown, right? But I thought the roster sucked and was a non-playoff team from the start? Which is it? It's like people are arguing against themselves. You guys have to pick a side and stay on it.

Oct 18, 2006
Hang on, is Jurco really scratched?? He played a very good game last night. I guess Blash counted his as one of the "passengers"? This guy is moron.

Oct 18, 2006
If Blashill is an awful coach then the belief must be this roster is much better than they've shown, right? But I thought the roster sucked and was a non-playoff team from the start? Which is it? It's like people are arguing against themselves. You guys have to pick a side and stay on it.
The roster sucks and Blashill sucks. It's possible you know.

WFIAA

Aug 2, 2016
This is what I don't get about blash. No accountability to anyone but a select few. Jurco had a decent game last night. Tonight, scratched. Ur young goalie. Who has struggled and needs to regain confidence has his best game in a while. Instead of getting him right back in there the next night and letting him attempt to build on that. He opts to go with the AHL goalie. I get it's back to back. But he's young. He can handle it. Right now he needs to play and as much as possible. I think blash is totally out of touch. He's in over his head. And it's showing imo.

Completely agree.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
The roster sucks and Blashill sucks. It's possible you know.

So then you want a better/different coach that will try and get this team in the playoffs? I thought we all wanted a high draft pick?

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013

The team can suck and the coach can also make bad coaching decisions. Both I think are the realty of this team.

Oct 18, 2006
So then you want a better/different coach that will try and get this team in the playoffs? I thought we all wanted a high draft pick?
Nope I'm more than happy for Blashill to coach out the season, should this happen we'll be around the 3-8 range. Get that pick, fire Blashill, remove Holland whenever you can. He's built an awful roster, and Blashill has no idea how to extract anything from it. Both are at fault. Blashill was delt a rough hand but there's little doubt he's in over his head.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013

Actually if you'd bothered to read this thread (less than 20 posts as of your comment) you'd see two people, obey and myself, saying that the problems reflect Blashill and the roster. But that's crazy, teams never have a bad coach and GM at the same time right? :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad