Speculation: Red Wings have reached out to Vanek, Filppula

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
There seems to be some concern from Wings front office that Zetterberg may not return. Interest in Filp could be as a stopgap fill in for Z should he ultimately decide to not play anymore.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
For the longest time Z was going to play one more season but we might lose him now? Perfect.

Besides the amazing draft we had Kronner, E52 and Howard will all be off the books within the next two years and I imagine Daley will be flipped at the next TDL

Helm is still one of my favorite players and his contract really isn't as bad as some say it is.

..so there's that

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
He's got a hot tip that our hall-of-fame captain may be unexpectedly retiring... and he buries it in the depths of an article about a backup goalie?

Doesn't sound like there's much there

Just say's they're prepared for the possibility, which I assume encompasses reaching out to Filp. Don't think they'd sign him if Z's coming back, which is still the expectation atp. But all that losing starts to take a toll on guys who are used to winning. Hard to think Z would be looking toward next season and feeling excited to play in what looks to be another rough season for Detroit.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
I thought when Fill left it was on not so good terms? And for Van he was good here but I think he blocks some kids does this mean Gus or AA both are going??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad