GDT: Red Wings-Griffins preseason game

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Wow, it's weird to see Tootoo in the Winged Wheel...

... but exciting at the same time.

Game is blacked out on DirectTV as well (I'm in ohio). This is my first year on DirectTV, mainly because I got FSD and FSD+, etc. with the sports package for directtv.

Does anyone know if this kind of crap is going to go on in the regular season (wings games blocked in OH on direct tv with the sports pack). Because if so, and I have to end up ordering center ice to watch the wings games, I am going to go absolutely nuclear on direct tv. I made it clear when I switched to them that this was a requirement.

Yes, the regional channels will be blacked out during games; I had the same thought with Dish last season, and apparently they're obligated to blackout because of the availability of Center Ice.

19Yzerman19

Jul 17, 2004
Game is blacked out on DirectTV as well (I'm in ohio). This is my first year on DirectTV, mainly because I got FSD and FSD+, etc. with the sports package for directtv.

Does anyone know if this kind of crap is going to go on in the regular season (wings games blocked in OH on direct tv with the sports pack). Because if so, and I have to end up ordering center ice to watch the wings games, I am going to go absolutely nuclear on direct tv. I made it clear when I switched to them that this was a requirement.

pretty sure your going to have all Wings games blacked out on FSN-DET

Geki

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
pretty sure your going to have all Wings games blacked out on FSN-DET

What a total scam. I switched to DirectTV back in June and made it very clear that I wasn't going to switch (from Time Warner Cable) unless their sports pack meant I could get the wings games without having to order center ice (the savings of direct tv + center ice was much more than I was paying currently with twc). They friggin lied to my damn face.

Great to find this out 4 days before hockey starts, with a 2 year effing contract...

Unreal.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I have such a hard time watching pre-season games like this because it's so easy to overreact about the players playing well or playing badly.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
What a total scam. I switched to DirectTV back in June and made it very clear that I wasn't going to switch (from Time Warner Cable) unless their sports pack meant I could get the wings games without having to order center ice (the savings of direct tv + center ice was much more than I was paying currently with twc). They friggin lied to my damn face.

Great to find this out 4 days before hockey starts, with a 2 year effing contract...

Unreal.

And unfortunately, unless you have a record (email or chat transcript) you're probably stuck with it; but f you raise enough of a stink -- polite but firm -- they might give you Center Ice at a discount.

At least with Dish, the regional sports pack is an a la carte option, so it's nothing to remove or add it whenever. Is DirecTV like that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad