Post-Game Talk: Red Wings get back in the win Column 4-3 over Buffalo

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I doubt they do it, but when Quincey is ready they should sit Ericsson to see if they can get him some treatment on is hip and some rest. He looks to be struggling again with mobility and I am wondering if that has flared up again.

I wonder if that's the issue, or it's a matter of him needing a few games to find his grove. He was pretty steady on the second pair with DDK until he went down.

Marchenko led all defensemen in ice time.

That's interesting. Maybe it has something to do with Quincey returning soon, and they want to make a decision on him? Or maybe it just worked out that way. If I recall correctly though, he's typically last among d-men in ice time.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
And Z gets his 7th goal this game. Way to go you're on fire. Don't hold back bro! Seriously though, this guys declining faster than the Titanic.

If declining like the titanic has you leading the team in pts and top 50 in the league then what is an acceptable level of points for Z?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It will be interesting what they do as Smith is playing pretty well and Marchenko has elevated himself in the lineup. Might be time to give a couple of guys a blow to deal with injuries and get some energy back in their legs. Of course we have to stay healthy through Q actually returning as well which is never easy in this league.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
If declining like the titanic has you leading the team in pts and top 50 in the league then what is an acceptable level of points for Z?

As the Captain he should have no fewer than 39 game winning goals at this point in the season.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

He didn't say Zetterbergs play is unacceptable. He said he is declining. Why do you put words in people's mouths like this?

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
hopefully we dont allow the swedish mafia to dictate the lineup once Q returns, ericsson is a dreadful NHL player given his salary and should be benched but he wont be, it will be smith

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

top 50 isnt a great tag line, not unless your salary is outside the top 50

i expect production based on salary regardless of age, otherwise return the money and hence lower expectations,

that said, zetterberg is playing allright

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011

i expect production based on salary regardless of age, otherwise return the money and hence lower expectations,

And Zetterberg has like the 45th(tied with like 15 players at that spot) highest cap-hit in the league.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

Zetterberg's salary is right in line with his offensive production.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Jack Eichel was incredible tonight by the way, so excited as an American hockey fan. Eichel and Matthews with Larkin playing #3C is going to be a nightmare in international tournaments maybe not 2018 but in China that is the kind of depth the USA really hasn't enjoyed down the middle since the Golden Era of American hockey in the mid-90's.

I watched the game thinking of you and your past comments on Eichel. I was hoping he'd get blanked again, but on the other hand I keep hope Eichel can turn into somebody that erases Patty Kane as the great American player. Nice display from him today, that's for sure. Kid looks way more poised than his age.

And guys, how about that Sheahan? He sure looked alive. If he shows a shred of that kind of attack offensively every game, I'm a lot more optimistic about the Wings.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You don't think the phrase "faster than the Titanic" adds certain connotations?

Don't spoil the ending for me, I still haven't seen the movie. I'm pretty sure the connotation you're talking about is a happy ending though, right?

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
Even the wins leave a bad taste. That breakaway at the end? So many giveaways and bad plays. Drew Miller is a decent player, but seriously, they can't kill a penalty without him? On the plus side, I don't remember them getting a too many men on the ice penalty today.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
And guys, how about that Sheahan? He sure looked alive. If he shows a shred of that kind of attack offensively every game, I'm a lot more optimistic about the Wings.

Which is why I'm not so quick to dispense of him in a trade. Too much raw skill there. I think he'll be an late bloomer.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I like Nosek a lot, own goal notwithstanding. He's good on the boards and a good passer. He also showed a bit of speed today which was missing his first two games. I think we've seen all we're ever going to see out of Andersson. Think it's time to make that swap. Plus then we can put together a "Too Mas Tomas" line with Jurco, Nosek, and Tatar.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

we said something similar about Filppula for years. There's definitely worse company to be with, but not a huge ceiling, imo.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Which is why I'm not so quick to dispense of him in a trade. Too much raw skill there. I think he'll be an late bloomer.

Who would you trade if a defensemen was available that would be on our top pairing? Always seems like people want to get impact players, but never want to trade any value.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00