TSN: red wings eventually probably try to trade ryan , glendenning , staal

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Glendening stinks, but I'm sure one of the super stupid GMs will trade a 3rd, at the least for him because " He TrIeS hArD"

Winnijg faceoffs helps, especially when you're very good at it, but if you're not really good at anything else...

Reactions: banks and voxel

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Ryan could be a very nice buy low asset that pays dividends in the Playoffs.
Let's see who's smart enough to pick him up.
My guess is the Capitals.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Bobby Ryan probably brings back a 3rd but I feel like both Staal and Glendening would go unclaimed on waivers.
Glendening is better than Jankowski. There isn't any aspect Jankowski does even good. Total empty sweater.

Well other than steal a paycheck.

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Staal even at 50% probably has zero value. Take back a contract and maybe you get a super late pick.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
With talks of Detroit looking to sell and Nashville I wonder if teams are gonna throw in the towel earlier than usual. Usually a week before the deadline you start to see guys getting shipped out

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Staal even at 50% probably has zero value. Take back a contract and maybe you get a super late pick.
I could see the Oilers jumping on that. They could use a veteran LD and a safe PK guy on the left side. Russell's been inconsistent to say the very least. How's his passing?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Someone tried convincing us to trade a 2nd for Glendenning just this past week. You got our 2nds in that Brutal AA trade. Send Glendenning to Jim Benning. He loves his overpaid vets

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Someone tried convincing us to trade a 2nd for Glendenning just this past week. You got our 2nds in that Brutal AA trade. Send Glendenning to Jim Benning. He loves his overpaid vets

Virtanen for Glendening and a 2nd? Or if you guys would take Roussel then I'd gladly let him go (or what would be the price for Staal, and how far over the hill is he)? We can swap vets (and Detroit would need to take a contract in exchange for Staal e.g. Roussel + Baertschi, since we're pretty much at the cap).

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
How's his passing?

What if I were to tell you that Staal is absolutely amazing at one aspect of passing, is that something you might be interested in?

Unfortunately for him and Red Wings fans it is attempting ill advised stretch passes that lead to turnovers.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

Someone will take him at the deadline for a mid round pick. There’s always a few teams looking for veteran depth for the playoffs. Staal sucks, but someone will respect his body of work.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I've always liked Bobby Ryan, although I don't really think the Kings have much room or use for him. But maybe if LA is locked into a playoff spot come trade deadline and they have a couple injuries, he might be a fun guy to have for the playoffs.

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kempe - Vilardi - Carter
Grundstrom - JAD - Ryan
Andersson - Lizotte - Moore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad