GDT: Red Wings @ Divealanche **3pm EST** Mon 1-20

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
It's a one line team because the team doesn't have a 2C., even if Mantha and AA were healthy it's still a one line team. Flip's not a 2C and Nielsen is a joke. AA has been miserable this year, so the only other option is to try Fabbri at 2C.

This team supposedly has a lot of centers but other than Larkin, they're all 4C or marginal 3C at best. Helm, Abby, LGD, Nielsen, Ehn, Flip... not a single guy that can drive offense.

The only 2C available in UFA this season is RNH, and I'm sure he's gonna have a high asking price. (Backstrom was resigned to $9.2M, which is way more than I expected.)

RNH still has a year left before free agency. The most interesting center right now might be Pageau from Ottawa. Or if you really want to roll the dice, Galchenyuk could be an interesting grab.

Depending on how Veleno and Rasmussen are viewed, and how this draft goes, 2C might not be a long term issue, so I'm not sure how much you really want to invest in it. I'd still try AA back in that center spot. Yeah, he's been lousy this year but he didn't look bad at it last year. He's earned a look there, imo. And if he takes the opportunity and runs with it, good for us.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
He didn't touch the puck, he knew he didn't touch the puck, that's why he skated to the goal scorer and took spot in the back of the line for the bench fists.
Love Gi, though, kid's my type of bottom 6er.
Here is a screen shot.
That's Smith stick and the puck near the top on the right just before it went in.

xlarge

and here is another angle.
Smith scored that goal.
If you look at the replay carefully you will notice that it changed direction slightly and would have hit the goalie otherwise.

xlarge

Last edited:

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
No he didn't. Smith and the rest of the team did not react like he tipped it.
FFS. I just reviewed the video provided screenshots and you're still insisting he didn't Wtf???
If you look at it carefully you will see that the puck changed direction slightly and would have probably hit the goalie otherwise.
It was a textbook tip-in goal.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
FFS. I just reviewed the video provided screenshots and you're still insisting he didn't Wtf???
If you look at it carefully you will see that the puck changed direction slightly and would have probably hit the goalie otherwise.
It was a textbook tip-in goal.
It wasn't tipped in. You need to get your head checked.

Reactions: TheMule93

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
First 10 minutes of the third killed any chance of them winning this game, after they survived one whole period and like 16 minutes of the second without being scored on. Lots of shots against, but barely any giveaways until the start of the third period. The third goal was on Bowey losing the puck battle and not getting the puck out, resulting in more offense for Col.

I'd say Detroit lost this game when they couldn't score on that 4 minute pp.
They had a 1-0 lead. They had just shut down the Colorado PP twice.
That's the kind of moment where good teams drop the hammer.

After that, it was just like waiting for Colorado to drop the axe.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This was not a good game for Zadina.
But he's a young kid who's learning his way.

Star still seems like a pipedream to me.

Tomas Tatar looks about right. A bit more skilled. But not quite the same energy.
To be fair Tatar is not far off from being a star. A smarter, more skilled version of that with a better shooting ability has every bit of potential to be a star.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
To be fair Tatar is not far off from being a star. A smarter, more skilled version of that with a better shooting ability has every bit of potential to be a star.

I see Tatar giving you what? 25-25-50 for 10 years or so. A couple seasons higher. A couple lower.
Zadina might do 30-30-60 I guess. A couple seasons higher. A couple lower
I have a hard time seeing Zadina ever being better than what we were getting out of Mantha earlier this season.

I'll take that. (Do I have a choice?). That's a quality guy and important piece.
But I don't think he's gonna be a star. Maybe on Fox Sports Detroit they'll talk him up. Maybe he represents the Wings in an all start game or 3.
But if 5 years from now Zadina is our star, we're in trouble.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I see Tatar giving you what? 25-25-50 for 10 years or so. A couple seasons higher. A couple lower.
Zadina might do 30-30-60 I guess. A couple seasons higher. A couple lower
I have a hard time seeing Zadina ever being better than what we were getting out of Mantha earlier this season.

I'll take that. (Do I have a choice?). That's a quality guy and important piece.
But I don't think he's gonna be a star. Maybe on Fox Sports Detroit they'll talk him up. Maybe he represents the Wings in an all start game or 3.
But if 5 years from now Zadina is our star, we're in trouble.
But AA can still be a superstar amirite?

Stick to ball hockey

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Crazy, I think he clearly didn't.

Watch the second last angle they show on the NHL.com link.
The first angle, no way to tell. The second angle, can't really tell. Looks like he might have, but it's too tight a shot, you can't see the angle the puck's coming at.
The third angle clearly shows the puck changing course.

Clear as day.
What's the resistance here? Zadina loses a goal?

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Jimmy has taken a lot of well deserved flak for bad play this season, but I think he deserves some good credit in this one, as without him, this easily hits 10 or 11 goals against and pretty much all 5 were not on him, maybe 1 at most. How many really bad turnovers and plays right in the 10-15 feet range of the crease are goalies expected to stop when they are constant and everywhere? While Jimmy has done the team bad a lot of times this season, he has deserved a win in any of these past 3 games in my opinion. This was a terrible night of defensive coverage (one of the worst in my opinion), and honestly I thought it was pathetic that Jeff Blashill pulled the goalie when down by 2. Everyone knew this Red Wings team was not coming back from 2 goals down in 1 or so minutes, so giving them another freebie is silly. Daley and Biega were rough, especially Daley, where on earth was he on that one COL goal, when everyone else was 10-15 of the net, he was near the blueline?

Larkin and Bertuzzi both had very nice games, and I liked the extra aggressiveness that Nemeth was showing against his former team, despite some really lame calls from the officials.

Okay getting real tired of hearing about the Avs lol

This is my one complaint about Ken Daniels. While he is a lot less biased than other home team announcers, when we suck and/or are losing, I don't give a shit how great the other team is, and he should know Wings fans don't want to hear non-stop hype for another team, especially not a team we loathed for so many years.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Also, since when does Kadri's name get spelled KADRI????? It has always been spelled DIVER, not sure why it got changed!

Reactions: Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad