GDT: Red Wings @ Divealanche **3pm EST** Mon 1-20

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Reminder, game is @ 3pm EST vs. Avs. Last 10: Wings 3-6-1, Avs 4-3-3, maybe we can catch them sleeping.

upload_2020-1-19_18-50-37.png

Does anyone else read DobberHockey.com?

Today he wrote: "The biggest hurdle in maximizing the defensive assets that are occurring in Colorado is that… they’re all so damn good. There simply won’t be enough prime ice to go around for Cale Makar, Samuel Girard and Bowen Byram (when he arrives next year). Either one of them will lock it down and the other two will fight for the scraps. Or, we see a rotation that leads to streaky production for all.
I’d do a lot to own any of the three in different circumstances, but when they all suit up for the same squad it throws more wrinkles than can be ironed out. (jan15"

Not sure why Dobber thinks this, as Makar & BB are LHD & Girard is RHD. He may have been referring to the PP1, but with 3PMD/2 powerplays, that's a strength.
Your thoughts?

EDIT: nvm, it's purely for Fantasy Hockey purposes.

Ansar Khan‏Verified account @AnsarKhanMLive 7h7 hours ago
#RedWings rare practice after back-to-back nights, due to early game Mon. at @Avalanche (3 ET). Lines: Bertuzzi-Larkin-Zadina Erne-Glendening-Fabbri Abdelkader-Ehn-Smith Helm-Perlini Filppula, injured, and Nielsen not skating. Nemeth-Green Ericsson-Hronek Biega-Bowey No Daley

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Are we going to call up someone from GR to play center if both Nielson and Filp are out?

I would guess that Daley and Nielsen were just given practice off and are expected to be in the lineup. Otherwise they probably would've called someone up by now. Or they're cool saving a few bucks on the cap and dressing 11F and 7D since it sounds like Ericsson's been close to ready.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
nah we should always **** on the avs
meh.

Back when the Blackhawks were in their dark days, I remember fans chanting "Detroit sucks!" and thinking "oh hey I forgot about you guys! That's cute you think there's a rivalry right now." That's where the Wings are currently at.

Even among players from that era I think Draper is the only one who holds any animosity still at this point. Partly because of what happened to him and partly because he's so competitive. Over the years I've even come to see some of Floppa's diving in a somewhat more understanding light given how ridiculous the clutching and grabbing was then.

But not Lemieux. f*** that guy. He will always be a turtling POS.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I appreciate the attempt at names, especially hated former rivals like Colorado, but I feel like us being so bad, we really shouldn't be dissing any other team right now.
It's just a good-natured ribbing, it's more for us to have laughter & fun. The players themselves probably talk 10-100x more trash. If I visit another teams board, I'm always very respectful, so consider this locker room talk.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
I'll be at the game, anyone else going to be there?

I go to about half the Avs home games, make it up north to some Eagles games too. Denver has a pretty good hockey community, I was happily surprised after moving here.

It also helps that the Avs have been fun to watch the past three years, I am salivating for the Wings to get back to this level, its electric when it's your team, it's still fun when it's another team but not the same.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad