Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
George Malik ‏@georgemalik 12 t
Please ask me questions: who you want me to speak to, what you want to know, how you want to see coverage evolve-this is an interactive trip

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Holmström is wearing #96 :handclap:

BrtKBwiCAAA40OU.jpg

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
kyel ‏@KyleWIIM 1m
Marc McNulty is the standout defenseman so far. Really hope to see him in Grand Rapids next year.
Octopus Thrower ‏@OctopusThrower_ 1m
Impressed with McKee today, grown into his body well since last year. McNulty might have taken a step back though.

:laugh: The joys of Twitter and development camp!

Brandel*

Apparently Larkin/Athanasiou have comparable speed

Getting more and more excited with DL

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
Just out of curiosity, but is there someone you guys suggest who is more accurate and less biased than Malik when it comes to prospect assessment? I know Lindy from LeftWingLock is pretty good. Anyone else?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Interesting that Frk isn't there.

Hopefully he takes this summer to get in the best shape of life and has a gold season next year.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Holmström is wearing #96 :handclap:

BrtKBwiCAAA40OU.jpg
Just like his dad! :sarcasm:

Honestly though, great stuff.

This camp is interesting but I don't put a ton of value into the reports on the players. Just like the McNulty example above I think people can see what they want to see in an environment like this.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Interesting that Frk isn't there.

Hopefully he takes this summer to get in the best shape of life and has a gold season next year.

He was just so out of shape to start last year, I doubt he will make that mistake again. He is a player that is likely to tumble a lot in our rankings, but honestly I expect him to bounce back some. Still has a plus shot and is willing to play with jam in the corners. But his summer is very important, looking for big signs early in terms of him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He was just so out of shape to start last year, I doubt he will make that mistake again. He is a player that is likely to tumble a lot in our rankings, but honestly I expect him to bounce back some. Still has a plus shot and is willing to play with jam in the corners. But his summer is very important, looking for big signs early in terms of him.

I remember reading that after playing so many games between a deep memorial cup run and international play last year, he tried to rest and recover instead of focus on his fitness. He also admitted he didn't think the transition to the AHL would be as hard as it was, probably because juniors was so easy for him.

Really expecting him to learn from the experience, and put in the work this time around. If he doesn't then I would pretty much be willing to write him off altogether.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I remember reading that after playing so many games between a deep memorial cup run and international play last year, he tried to rest and recover instead of focus on his fitness. He also admitted he didn't think the transition to the AHL would be as hard as it was, probably because juniors was so easy for him.

Really expecting him to learn from the experience, and put in the work this time around. If he doesn't then I would pretty much be willing to write him off altogether.

He also was totally snake bitten once he started playing better hockey. I mean Blashill wasn't as down on him as you would expect once 2014 ticked over. Would say a lot of nice things about him in terms of him playing the way they expected and wanted him to he just needed to get rewarded.

It is a big year for him no doubt, but he still has some tools and has really been totally thrown away by everyone around here. I know it is what have you done for me lately but the idea he is about to lose to guys like Callahan in our poll is going to be head scratching for me. The upside is still there with Frk, I also wouldn't be opposed to dealing him if another team has shocking value for him or wants him as the added in B prospect.

I just feel like he is going to be a better player this year. Lots of guys have a rough year in the AHL, what did he learn from it is important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad