Prospect Info: Red Wings Development Camp 2014

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
[size=+3] Red Wings Development Camp invites (July 3-8)

:wings
[/size]

[size=+1]Forwards[/size]

Pos | Name | Team | League | GP | G | A | P | PIM | +/- | Birthyear | Height | Weight
RW|Mark Cooper|Bowling Green State Univ.|NCAA|38|14|10|24|8|+13|1992-05-26|6'2''|185
RW|Hayden Hodgson|Erie Otters/Sarnia Sting|OHL|52|9|9|18|64|-20|1996-03-02|6'2''|205
F|Luke Sandler|Muskegon Lumberjacks|USHL|14|1|4|5|55|-4|1993-06-18|6'1''|181
F|Luke Sandler|Surrey Eagles/Nanaimo Clippers|BCHL|30|9|9|18|92||||
C|Tylor Spink|Colgate Univ.|NCAA|37|14|16|30|40|+4|1992-12-31|5'10''|185
RW|Tyson Spink|Colgate Univ.|NCAA|39|10|23|33|21|+6|1992-12-31|5'10''|185

[size=+1]Playoffs stats[/size]

Pos | Name | Team | League | GP | G | A | P | PIM | +/-
F|Luke Sandler|Nanaimo Clippers|BCHL|5|2|2|4|12|

Last edited:

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
ooo Cool Hand Luke spends his time in the Penalty box. Do we have a failure to communicate?

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
Blake Clarke is an interesting one. He used to be a really highly thought of prospect, but fell off the map completely.

Yeah, him too. There's a few guys on there to keep track of for sure. I wonder if there were so many invites because we had quite a few contracts come off the books this year. Maybe we'll see a few of these guys signed. Pretty excited for this camp.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Looks like they have some once highly touted prospects attending.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hicketts actually get a contract.

How many contract spots are the Wings at before tomorrow?

We're at 36/50 now. I think there'll be about 8-9 contract spots left when all is said and done with our big club RFAs and UFAs. Add signings of McCollum, Ferraro, Callahan and Nestrasil and we'd be down to a handful spots remaining. Gotta be a little careful though, next summer the only obvious guys to come off the books look like Gustavsson, Coreau and Aubry compared to this summer where we free up about 10 spots.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
We're at 36/50 now. I think there'll be about 8-9 contract spots left when all is said and done with our big club RFAs and UFAs. Add signings of McCollum, Ferraro, Callahan and Nestrasil and we'd be down to a handful spots remaining. Gotta be a little careful though, next summer the only obvious guys to come off the books look like Gustavsson, Coreau and Aubry compared to this summer where we free up about 10 spots.

but ferraro, callahan and nestrastil might also be gone in 2015. ferraro and callahan either via waivers, made the team to kick out someone else, traded or whatever. nestrasil has a big season coming up. he either contrinues to play like in 2nd half or will probably also get cut to make room for new wave of prospects.
and of course while they might add a D, they could still cut andersson and kindl sooner or later.

so contracts shouldn't be a problem. if 1 or 2 guys impress, they will sign them. or offer an AHL contract for 1y like they did with glendening. so hopefully 1-2 guys of the try-outs will be good enough. always nice too add FAs if they are legit.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
From the 2014 DraftBuzz NHL Draft Guide

Joe Hicketts Victoria D

Tiny stalwart plays like he has 6 more inches on him than he really does. Lost a good part of the
season due to shoulder injury. True heart and soul, very high IQ stabilizing force. Possesses good
overall skating that is a bit awkward with a goofy upwards leg drive when accelerating. Great puck mover. Reportedly a hefty 180-190 so could get even better when he conditions that extra weight.

Hayden Hodgson Sarnia RW

Apparently a very good baseball prospect, now a sleeper who may just be starting to scratch the surface of his hockey talents. A growing kid who stands out for his superb burst and energy on the puck. Threatening off the rush on the wing and in the corners with his size. Can get his shot off on the fly. Everything about him seems rough and underdeveloped but exciting. Gained a ton of experience in different situations towards end of year. Project pick who could turn out to be a fast, gritty power forward with skill over time.

Hicketts will be a star D next year, but he is small - no surprise being undrafted there.

Hodgson on the other hand likely didn't have the season scouts need to invest a pick in him, but he is a 2014 DraftBuzz breakout candidate (along with Hicketts). Just an estimated guess, but Hodgson will look like a completely different player come next year. He was peaking with Sarnia at the end of the year and holding his own in situations his undrafted status would say were over his head.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Development camp starts up in TC today. I look forward to seeing which prospect Malik irrationally hates.

Am I right in thinking that this is the only time we're going to see Larkin this year? College guys have never been able to attend the tournament in September, I don't think. Is it the same with the main camp, where he'd lose eligibility? Even if he paid his way? It's tough to find details on this stuff.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
The good news is that we'll be able to see Larkin quite a bit since Michigan games get televised often around here.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad