Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Capitals | 11/18/16 | What should we do with a drunken coach?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Mularkey. There is a clear distinction in IT among the top 6 and bottom 6 this season.

Prior to the last game Glendening was playing ~12 min a night, with the 4 games before TB seeing: 12:15, 12:01, 11:12, 9:36

Then he played 16:51 against TB. So yes top 6 is a real thing. And if you think Glendening should be on the ice for 16-17 minutes, then that's gonna go really poorly.

Honestly, at this point that's fine by me. It'll prove to Holland that 1) this roster is so poor that Luke Glendening is viable for a top 6 spot getting 16 mins TOI 2) Blashill is a bad coach, and I say that realizing that Babcock did similar stupid stuff. But I would argue that Babcock didn't have the same types of young options.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Honestly, at this point that's fine by me. It'll prove to Holland that 1) this roster is so poor that Luke Glendening is viable for a top 6 spot getting 16 mins TOI 2) Blashill is a bad coach, and I say that realizing that Babcock did similar stupid stuff. But I would argue that Babcock didn't have the same types of young options.

But it isn't (in terms of wingers). And he's not (viable for the top 6). Regardless of the other issues with this team.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
But it isn't (in terms of wingers). And he's not (viable for the top 6). Regardless of the other issues with this team.

This. Glenny is a fourth ine centre that should play 12 minutes. During a shutdown line, matching up against other top lines, maybe 15-16 for that game. He's not playing a shutdown role per say though. We're not in a playoff series working against Tyler Johnson night in and out for example. This is dumb. Blashill needs to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad