Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Canucks || Sat Jan 3/15 || 7PM PST CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Last night's loss was a nice little punch in the gut...

A wider look at the picture is that we just ran thru the Cali teams with a 1-1-1 record.
Majority would of taken that prior to the 3... but maaaan 2-0-1 would of been great...

Ah well.. take it out on the Wings.

Excited about the return of our original 3rd line... Hopefully Kassian's legs way ahead of where he was last time he returned from injury and the transition of the that line back to pre-leg injury Kassian comes much sooner than later...

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
when was the last time we beat the red wings? last time i can remember, we still had cody hodgson

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Burrows Henrik Vrbata
Daniel Bonino Hansen
Matthias Richardson Kassian
Higgins Horvat Dorsett

Having two playmakers that don't shoot on one line, while having a second line centre with a dangerous shot with no one to set him up on the other just seems silly. The twins can make plays with other players. They don't need to play together to be successful.

Boom. Nailed it.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Willie has to be pissed. The boys need to come out very hard against Detroit or jobs are on the line.

nucksfan8888

Aug 9, 2006
Burrows Henrik Vrbata
Daniel Bonino Hansen
Higgins Horvat Dorsett

Having two playmakers that don't shoot on one line, while having a second line centre with a dangerous shot with no one to set him up on the other just seems silly. The twins can make plays with other players. They don't need to play together to be successful.

Can we circulate a petition for these to be the lines? Cause this is what the Sedins need, it's what Bonino needs as well and it puts other coaches in a bit of a pickle as to which line they put their top pairing against each night. I love it because there's a great balance of puck retrieval, passing and an elite shot on each line. Also seperating the Sedins even strength at this point of their career is needed because they can't outscore their defensive shortcomings like they used to.

However I don't think Willie has the balls to do it. Not that I blame him, hard to seperate the Sedins and outside of them asking for it, I just don't see it happening. Another plan would be to get Burrows back with them as many have suggested, he's like second center out there sometimes and the height of the Sedins effectiveness I believe Burrows carrying a portion of the centers duties was a big reason for how good they got. I'd like to see these lines if the Sedins are to stay together:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Hansen-Bonino-Vrbata
Matthias-Richardson-Kassian
Higgins-Horvat-Dorsett

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Can we circulate a petition for these to be the lines? Cause this is what the Sedins need, it's what Bonino needs as well and it puts other coaches in a bit of a pickle as to which line they put their top pairing against each night. I love it because there's a great balance of puck retrieval, passing and an elite shot on each line. Also seperating the Sedins even strength at this point of their career is needed because they can't outscore their defensive shortcomings like they used to.

Bingo. We have another winner!

Well said.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Burrows Henrik Vrbata
Daniel Bonino Hansen
Higgins Horvat Dorsett

I'd like to see this tried out reunite them on the PP. I'd also like to see Kassian and Vey on the same line.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Just wanna see Kassian dominate

I think I saw on main boards I saw that he's had one point, then gone three games pointless this whole season.

He had a point his last game, so if I'm betting, I'll put money on no points.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
when was the last time we beat the red wings? last time i can remember, we still had cody hodgson

From memory I believe it was a game in 2013 after we played them twice and they and lit lou up for 8 and again for 6 or something, schneider made 40 some saves, we basically locked it down and the red wings kept shooting at his crest.

Strangely its also schneiders only win vs detroit ever since.

Canucks just seem to struggle with the wings, even in our peak 2011 years we struggled to win those games. And the PP's dont usually go our way vs them either.

No Face No Case

Feb 28, 2012
Assuming Kassian plays like he did at the end of last year + Matthias gets back to pre-concusssion beast mode + Daniel continues to be ghost i would consider this at some point.

Matthias - Henrik - Vrbata
Burrows-Bones-Kassian
Daniel-Richardson-Hansen
Higgins-Horvat-Dorsett

or

Burrows-Henrik-Kassian
Matthias-Bones-Vrbata
Higgins-Richie-Hansen
Daniel-Horvat-Dorsett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad