crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Since we're talking about changing the lines how about

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Bonino Vrbata
Dorsett Horvat Hansen
Matthias Richardson Vey

1. Kassian hasn't played in a while, maybe some rust in his game get him going by playing him with the twins.

2. Bonino has to get going as well Burrows and Vrbata will help him get out of the slump.

Lundface*

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Bonino Vrbata
Dorsett Horvat Vey
Higgins Richardson Matthias

1. Kassian hasn't played in a while, maybe some rust in his game get him going by playing him with the twins.

2. Bonino has to get going as well Burrows and Vrbata will help him get out of the slump.

Willy is that you??

Did you seriously scratch Hansen for Vey?:laugh:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Be intersting to see how the CANUCKS respond, after what in my mind, was the worst loss of the season. Losing with a minute left and not getting a point, coughing up a 2 goal lead, and giving the Kings 2 points in the last minute. Plus getting outplayed all game. Reminds me of the Ottawa loss after being up, and we went on a slide after that game for 5 games. I can see the same slide possibly, it's tough to rebound after a loss like that.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Bonino Vrbata
Dorsett Horvat Hansen
Matthias Richardson Vey

Kassian won't go from being a healthy scratch to 1RW. If anyone deserves to be on the first line it's Burrows.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
did we fire somebody yet for miller letting in the soft williams goal? every goal miller lets in, I want somebody fired

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Yes, Bieksa could use a little maintenance.

Would prefer Vey on the Bonino line opposed to Higgins while he bumps Matthais down or out, The lineup needs more skill and not less.

damack

Jan 3, 2014
Stoked to see Kassian back in, on a line that was working. I giggle at people that want him on the 1st and 2nd line. He has no place going up against the other teams' top lines defensively. Let him get his stride back on the 3rd line and work on his d-game.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I like those lines. People need to get over this concept of one being a "second" and one being a "third." it isn't relevant to anyone except fans on message boards.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I want to see these line that was yesterday game.......

Jeff Paterson @patersonjeff
Follow
Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Bonino-Kassian
Matthias-Richardson-Hansen
Higgins-Horvat-Dorsett
#Canucks
11:29 PM - 1 Jan 2015

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
It's not even 50/50 when the other player clearly has the position. I thought Stanton could've pinned him to the boards better but it doesn't always work and a lateral pass through the zone should never work like that. Also Bieksa wasn't in a perfect position to block the shot but he still forced a low % shot and didn't deflect it or even screen Miller.

If you want to analyze it that deeply I'd say Vrbata's inability to block the pass was the biggest mistake that was made and even that was kind of a whiffed pass (Daniel, who by the way started the whole situation when he couldn't control the puck in the middle, and Stanton interfered enough) that fooled him a bit.

But all in all these were all somewhat minor mistakes that should be easily recovered if the goalie was able to make a routine save on a low % shot. Just like the tying goal.

Not saying the Canucks played well, they sucked, and Miller was real solid the first 58 minutes or so, but ultimately he let in 2 bad goals in the last 2 minutes that cost the team 2 points.

This is a good breakdown. Agree with everything you posted.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I want to see these line that was yesterday game.......

Jeff Paterson @patersonjeff
Follow
Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Bonino-Kassian
Matthias-Richardson-Hansen
Higgins-Horvat-Dorsett
#Canucks
11:29 PM - 1 Jan 2015

tumblr_lkdyg20REQ1qcqqkzo1_500.gif

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Here's the lineup I'd like to see:

Daniel-Henrik-Hansen
Burrows-Bonino-Vrbata
Higgins-Horvat-Dorsett
Matthias-Richardson-Kassian/Vey

This would involve Desjardins trusting Horvat with some pretty tough minutes. Also I can't imagine a Hansen-with-the-twins approach will be well received here :biglaugh:

But I like that our 3rd and 4th best offensive forwards are playing together. This is as "balanced" as the top 6 can get IMO.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Burrows Henrik Vrbata
Daniel Bonino Hansen
Matthias Richardson Kassian
Higgins Horvat Dorsett

Having two playmakers that don't shoot on one line, while having a second line centre with a dangerous shot with no one to set him up on the other just seems silly. The twins can make plays with other players. They don't need to play together to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad