Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Canadiens Tuesday Nov 2 (7:00 PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
How has Suzuki gone this long being a centre and not knowing how to win a faceoff? Did he suck in junior too?
Facelift percentage doesn’t really bother me…it’s all situational.

But the problem is the Habs can win key face offs…both on PK and, it’s like they lose every initial draw.

Its infuriating.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Even with this awful roster I'm expecting a win considering the opponent and who they're missing. But this would be a glorious loss for the tank.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Dom in full survival mode right now. Not that Romanov doesn't deserve to sit a game or so but also hold some of your vets accountable for their awful play as well.
So Habs D for tonight is shaping up to be
Chiarot, Petry, Savard, Kulak, Wideman and Niku... Wow... habs are still in the NHL right? This is one of the worst defense lineups I've seen in a while

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019

I thought Edmundson was spending time with ill father and they are saying an injury set back? More misinformation from your friendly neighbourhood franchise.

He always had a lower body injury I believe so that has not gone away. Injury could be being underplayed to be honest.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Chiarot, Petry, Savard, Kulak, Wideman and Niku... Wow... habs are still in the NHL right? This is one of the worst defense lineups I've seen in a while
So what would you do? Niku is a lefty and Wideman right shot so that makes sense somewhat.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

On second thought looking at that possible defense maybe Dom isn't in survival mode by benching the young guys and is really trying to get his ass canned. :)

Everything damn thing about the Habs is a complete mess. It's been bit of a mess for a while now but it just seems since the Weber news last summer things have really fallen off a cliff this season. This as turned into a what can go wrong as gone wrong start to the season.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
The worst players have been the ones we expect to carry our young players.

But it’s easy to sit Romanov…not Chiarot.

It’s easy to send down Caufield…can’t send down Toffoli
Thank you its all about money think about it

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not a lot on choice on D, so, yeah, Chiarot-Petry, Kulak-Savard it is. I don't see Niku-Wideman actually getting time together.

They'll double shift Chiarot, Petry & Savard, so it's Niku - Savard, Chiarot-Wideman, etc.

Apparently, Detroit will be without Bertuzzi and Larkin. Bertuzzi for vax reasons and Larkin for personal reasons.

Drouin at center is comical.

I expect another shit show.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
I do have to wonder if a change in system may move EVERYONES possession numbers back in a positive direction.
Understanding that Suzuki is on a ‘scoring line’ and should possess the puck as a result, it still appears that the the Habs defer to more of a counterpunch style of offense that simply does not play to Suzukis strengths.
So much of what this team does relies on looking for the perfect pass or opportunity-which, again, should result in a slower, more possessive game; only seems to result in dump, collect, overpass, play defense. OR, dump, retreat, play defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad