Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Canadiens Tuesday Nov 2 (7:00 PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Drouin at C, it's good. He is a very good playmaker and he play really good this year. Dvorak need more games to adapt with his new team, he looks like more a 3C right now, but I think Dvorak can be a really good top 6 C.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Gallagher and Petry didn't take part in practice. Paquette likely will be suspended. This is what I expect:

Toffoli-Suzuki-Gallagher
Hoffman-Drouin-Anderson
Lehkonen-Dvorak-Armia
Pezzetta-Brooks-Evans

Chiarot-Petry
Kulak-Savard
Niku-Romanov

Reactions: iamtalbot and Wats

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Honestly, I really like Romanov playing RD again. I hope he stays there. He played mostly RD in KHL, and I know playing the off-side has issues with the NA game, but this is what he is used to. Let it be for now.

Drouin as 2C is interesting. Now is the time to try things, I guess. At least he won't be the 1C this time.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Honestly, I really like Romanov playing RD again. I hope he stays there. He played mostly RD in KHL, and I know playing the off-side has issues with the NA game, but this is what he is used to. Let it be for now.

Drouin as 2C is interesting. Now is the time to try things, I guess. At least he won't be the 1C this time.
What could go wrong? We lose again? :laugh:

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Looking at Pezzetta already practicing with the Habs, it feels good to have our farm team really close. Sorry St. John's, NL :laugh:

So Drouin back at center, huh?

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Happy to see that Norlinder isn't returned at Sweden league. I think this kid can make a better job than Niku or Wideman.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Wait - Norlinder is practicing and presumably playing?

Oh god, send him back to Sweden.

Might be a good year to develop such a prospect. I'm as surprised as you are but thinking about it, if the Habs are tanking, and Norlinder gets icetime, he will earn experience to prepare him for next year, it might be a good idea. I know people on this board are ptsd'ed by KK, but Norlinder is older and has pro experience already. Getting used to smaller ice and harder competition might help him for next year when it will count.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Drouin at C, it's good. He is a very good playmaker and he play really good this year. Dvorak need more games to adapt with his new team, he looks like more a 3C right now, but I think Dvorak can be a really good top 6 C.
I appreciate optimism and all but if I knew how to link pictures properly there'd be a dog in a burning house right now.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
this-is-fine.png

I got you bro

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Have we given up on Poehling? Pretty pathetic that he can’t crack this lineup. Love Evans to death but having him on your first line is telling.

Fenwick McCorsi

Not impress.
Mar 3, 2013
Montreal, QC
Have we given up on Poehling? Pretty pathetic that he can’t crack this lineup. Love Evans to death but having him on your first line is telling.
I dunno about given up but he showed in the preseason he has no business in the NHL yet. I'm guessing Evans is moved up to provide a lesser Gallagher skillset. Dunno that it does anything but I'm guessing that's the idea, Evans will play hard no matter where you have him.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Drouin at C again, feels like a fermented 2017/2018.

Romanov going to be bouncing around LD and RD again eh...got my Caufield wish so my next wish is sending him down to be permanent top pairing 25min LD. :laugh:

iamtalbot

Oct 18, 2007
Gallagher and Petry didn't take part in practice. Paquette likely will be suspended. This is what I expect:

Toffoli-Suzuki-Gallagher
Hoffman-Drouin-Anderson
Lehkonen-Dvorak-Armia
Pezzetta-Brooks-Evans

Chiarot-Petry
Kulak-Savard
Niku-Romanov
Much better line up

Which means dom will use the ones we saw in practice with Gallagher taking paquette's spot because he has to prove he's got that big brain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad