Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Avs | Alumni Game Feb 26, 5pm MT | Stadium Series Feb 27, 6pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I was wondering if you were interested in that, HC. Sounds like they are going to fix it up nice too.

Of course! Haha.

I'll be in on it for a while but then the big boy charity auction people will come along and take it over the top. Charity auctions always go for obscene amounts that I'm just not sure if I can go as high as some people.

MacBradley

May 5, 2014
I wouldn't say it's shady business, it's just everyone wants their slice of the pie. Fortunately, only a few games a year are on NHLN. They are available after 48 hours though, or there are some other ways around the blackout, but we can't discuss that here. :sarcasm:

That's nice they show up later, at least. I haven't ran into a blacked out game yet.

And maybe "shady" wasn't the right term. "Intentionally putting the customer in between a rock and a hard place after already paying a lot of money in an attempt to get significantly even more money out of them for a few of the games they wanted at a staggeringly higher price per game" might be better, haha. Their loss. They screwed themselves out of a customer for life by trying split the pie. Everyone know gets less pie. I know I can't be the only one who gets offended by it and won't subscribe again.

I wonder if the league sits around wondering why so many people are angry when illegal alternatives offer more than the NHL is willing to give themselves, or if they are just that out of touch with their customer base?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm getting really excited with all the banners and signs around downtown. Denver is an incredible city so far.

Also ran into ran into a few people from Western Bay, Newfoundland. It's where my Nan is from and has like 100 people. quite the coincidence.

That's crazy dude. I ran into someone from Bell Island in Vegas once which is where I'm from. Small world. Hope you're enjoying yourself!

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I was supposed to come up for it this year, but work got in the way. Hope there's a way to see that alumni game on TV/internet. That's the one I really want to see.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Is there any chance to see the alumni game in europe? Live stream or something like this?

If I were a betting man, I'd think that there will be a stream of some sort. Probably not offered through Sportsnet or NHL Network (and Altitude does do streams of their own anyway). If you're someone who relies on 3rd party streams to watch Avs games, I'd check them out on game day.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
How long is the game? Sorry if this has been talked about I just haven't seen the information anywhere. I just hope I'm not getting this hyped for like 15 minutes of practice like scrimmage.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Sweet. Was the Minnesota one as well? I didn't watch that one, but in years past I'm pretty sure they were all very short skates on the same day as the actual game.

The Minnesota one was as was the one in Philly in 2012.

Also, looks like the Avs will wear Black helmets and pants Saturday.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
That's crazy dude. I ran into someone from Bell Island in Vegas once which is where I'm from. Small world. Hope you're enjoying yourself!

Went to a dinner party here in Bangkok like a month after we got here. Wife spent most of the evening talking to the father of one of her sisters childhood friends...in Westminster. They lived less than a block away from each other back then, and now she works 200m from his current house (we cannot afford to live that close to the school, fancy gated "mooban" owned by the same guy that owns our school...which he started for his kids to attend...Former Thai Minister of Finance).

Myself, I run into people that have lived near somewhere I have a lot...but I have lived so many places it is like hitting a side of a barn with a shotgun....3 continents and counting.

Back on topic.... If Dino is still holding a grudge about Lemieux's obviously horrible hit on Draper, he need to look at some of what he pulled over the years. And if he does try to start anything, I have a feeling his teammates will not appreciate it. I doubt anyone wants things to get rough...they aren't getting paid for it anymore.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
If I were a betting man, I'd think that there will be a stream of some sort. Probably not offered through Sportsnet or NHL Network (and Altitude does do streams of their own anyway). If you're someone who relies on 3rd party streams to watch Avs games, I'd check them out on game day.

On Reddit NHL streams a user said, he will stream it. It's a shame it's not on NHL.TV.

Kanenenights

Mar 4, 2013
Rotterdam
Yesterday i went out of my hotel, and i saw Nicklas Lidstrom coming right in with his wife and children.
So i went back in, and talked to him, also asked if there were more players coming in.

Below is the result :yo:

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Went to a dinner party here in Bangkok like a month after we got here. Wife spent most of the evening talking to the father of one of her sisters childhood friends...in Westminster. They lived less than a block away from each other back then, and now she works 200m from his current house (we cannot afford to live that close to the school, fancy gated "mooban" owned by the same guy that owns our school...which he started for his kids to attend...Former Thai Minister of Finance).

Myself, I run into people that have lived near somewhere I have a lot...but I have lived so many places it is like hitting a side of a barn with a shotgun....3 continents and counting.

Back on topic.... If Dino is still holding a grudge about Lemieux's obviously horrible hit on Draper, he need to look at some of what he pulled over the years. And if he does try to start anything, I have a feeling his teammates will not appreciate it. I doubt anyone wants things to get rough...they aren't getting paid for it anymore.

Crazy and true, My wife and I are in a SMALL, think large closet size restaurant in Paris, max 15 people. We sit across from some folks from New York. No big deal. The guy knew my dad professionally and my dad had retired and moved to Colorado like 30 years before. My dad is not a famous guy, just a guy who worked in a local school district in the heart of Long Island.. so so weird. Freaky

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
This is on NHL network!? Hallelujah!

Awesome!!! I'm an Avs fan living in Detroit and listening to Ken Daniels and Mickey Redman is like nails on a chalk board. Biggest homers ever. They honestly complain all game and rarely give the opposite team any praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad