Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Avs | Alumni Game Feb 26, 5pm MT | Stadium Series Feb 27, 6pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
SS16_Logo.jpg

Alumni Game
at Coors Field
Friday, February 26th, 5PM MT
TV Broadcast TBD

Stadium Series Game

at Coors Field
Saturday, February 27th, 6PM MT
TV Broadcast on NBC, Sportsnet

19970326_patrickroy_mikevernon_446w.jpg

Alumni Game Rosters

Continued from here

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I have a vision of Joe and Steve coming to center ice after the game...

"Thank you for the fans who came out. We would like to announce a [Drouin] trade...." :sarcasm:

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
I have a vision of Joe and Steve coming to center ice after the game...

"Thank you for the fans who came out. We would like to announce a [Drouin] trade...." :sarcasm:

The next day the Avs win 3-0 thanks to a Jonathan Drouin hat-trick.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I've always been disinterested in this format before but I'm kinda hyped for it. Is this a formality game essentially or is this full NHL rules? I'd love to see McCarty and Lemieux have a scrap.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Has there been word on a live stream for the alumni game by any chance? Altitude, NBC, NHL.com?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I've always been disinterested in this format before but I'm kinda hyped for it. Is this a formality game essentially or is this full NHL rules? I'd love to see McCarty and Lemieux have a scrap.

I have always wondered if those two ever made amends. I could see both still hating each others guts 20 years later.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully I can watch this somewhere. Excited to see Foppa and Kamensky again.

It's kinda disappointing that Drury either can't or won't do it. He didn't show up for that pre-game ceremony in Denver either. Busy working with the Rangers or still some bad feelings there?

I have always wondered if those two ever made amends. I could see both still hating each others guts 20 years later.

They were on OTR (show on TSN) together so it seems like they have. There's probably video of it on youtube.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Been trying to look everywhere for a Zetterberg Stadium Series 2xl jersey and can't find one anywhere! Even on nhl.com it shows the largest they have is a Medium, are you kidding me?!?! Ridiculous.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hopefully I can watch this somewhere. Excited to see Foppa and Kamensky again.

It's kinda disappointing that Drury either can't or won't do it. He didn't show up for that pre-game ceremony in Denver either. Busy working with the Rangers or still some bad feelings there?

They were on OTR (show on TSN) together so it seems like they have. There's probably video of it on youtube.

Hmmm, that's right. Hopefully just a coincidence. His knees might just be in that Bobby Orr territory where he can't skate.

I know he took the trade hard at the time, but I doubt he's still holding a grudge. It was a long time ago, and his old teammates are running the team now, not Lacroix.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Yep, great interview too. Best part was at the beginning McCarty says they had never spoken or really met before that day. Kinda crazy that they just sat down and were fairly cordial, though clearly still differing opinions.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Let's have some fun with the lines.

Forwards:

Forsberg
Hejduk
Hinote
Kamensky
Keane
Lemieux
Messier
Podein
Ricci
Sakic
Simon
Yelle

Defense:

Blake
Bourque
Foote
Klemm
Leschyshyn
Ozolinsh

Goalies:

Billington
Roy

Deadmarsh is the coach... wish he could play, but it is what it is.

Guesses? Which plug will round out the top 6 with Foppa/Joe/Kamensky/Duke/Lemieux? Are Podein-Yelle-Messier reunited(and it feels so good) and then a beastly shutdown pairing of Ricci-Keane with a Simon or Hinote beside them?

On D, I'd go:

Bourque - Foote
Ozolinsh - Blake
Leschyshyn - Klemm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad