GDT: Red Wings at Rangers

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Why does blash insist in using dekeyser, one of our slowest dmen and biggest pylon, in OT?

No I'm not blaming him for the goal, that was all Larkin, but I just hate that he sends out the slowest people on the team like dk and Z during OT

Last edited:

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I don't know what we as fans have to do to get this coach outta here. There has to be something , someone to voice the fans opinion. Better yet, how is KH upstairs taking this. Colorado and now NYR behind w less than 10 to go and this guy can't coach a team to hold a win. There has to be someone something some ****in where that can help us get his fired Gallant style.
/ rant

Happy Holidays Blashill, thanks buddy

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Seems like they won't win a game in overtime this year. Ironically it'll probably cost them a playoff spot.

Nah, it won’t make that much of a difference. We’re already out of a playoff spot as of tonight and we’re 2 games ahead.

And remember - last year Holland changed his “Thanksgiving is the make or break point for playoffs” to some time in December. :sarcasm:

Reactions: avssuc

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Well, Larkin can't allow that puck to get out to the wide open guy he's not covering.
No argument there. Just a terrible, terrible sequence of events. I just think Tatar (Ezikiel says it was Green though) has to control the puck around the perimeter and wait for a better chance. Absolutely no way he scores from where he shot with a man on him too

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Lol typical Red Wings:

-lack of finishing abilities: check
-blown lead: check
- terrible in OT: check

The team is junk. We must have the worst record in OT since the 3 on 3 format was implemented. Pretty sure we've been brutal all 3 years since it was introduced. Mantha was invisible again. That line is done. It doesn't work. Take a hint coach.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If we didn't have a big problem finishing I would say if we play like tonight and we will win most nights. But since we struggle to score we can tilt the ice like that again but we are out of luck if we cannot execute better to finish plays off.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Nah, it won’t make that much of a difference. We’re already out of a playoff spot as of tonight and we’re 2 games ahead.
Well if they had got 2 out of those 3 overtime points so far they'd be back in the playoffs right now. That's my point.

If Detroit plays close to that every night they'll win plenty of more games this season. Their PK is #4 in the league and their power play is #7. If Howard remains healthy they'll be good enough to get in.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Lol typical Red Wings:

-lack of finishing abilities: check
-blown lead: check
- terrible in OT: check

The team is junk. We must have the worst record in OT since the 3 on 3 format was implemented. Pretty sure we've been brutal all 3 years since it was introduced. Mantha was invisible again. That line is done. It doesn't work. Take a hint coach.

To be fair, Blash did change the line in the 3rd. Perhaps he did take a hint...

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
FSD crew: Red Wings re-established their game tonight after a bad game.
What I'd say is the Oilers re-established their game after a bad game.

Wings worked fairly hard and generated chances, but they simply didn't do enough score goals.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Well if they had got 2 out of those 3 overtime points so far they'd be back in the playoffs right now. That's my point.

If Detroit plays close to that every night they'll win plenty of more games this season. Their PK is #4 in the league and their power play is #7. If Howard remains healthy they'll be good enough to get in.

I can appreciate that but I guess I’m not as optimistic about our trajectory. It seems pretty clear that they’re looking to stockpile points and wins with the way they’re playing their vets. It’s definitely not geared towards the second half. Hell, I’m worried we’re already seeing the weardown with Zetterberg.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Really hope Blashill tries to keep 14 - 72 - 40 together. AA didn't look completely lost out there in the defensive zone and for the most part, put himself in good areas to take away a passing lane. Still has a way to go but it was nice to see. Can't keep pushing Zetterberg at center either.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I can appreciate that but I guess I’m not as optimistic about our trajectory. It seems pretty clear that they’re looking to stockpile points and wins with the way they’re playing their vets. It’s definitely not geared towards the second half. Hell, I’m worried we’re already seeing the weardown with Zetterberg.
Let's be very clear about something. Detroit played very well this game. Lundqvist stole this one. Larkin, Mantha, and AA have been their best players most of the season. If Detroit scores in overtime we're talking about how great this team played tonight. I haven't looked but generally teams that sustain PP and PK numbers that the Red Wings have currently make the playoffs.

Reactions: aar000n

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad