Prospect Info: Red Wings #1 prospect

Who is #1 prospect

• Total voters

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Seider.

I really like the Raymond pick, but you have to be a really special draft prospect to overtake Seider who I think has potential through the roof, and has already proven it at a high level.

Raymond will probably be next for me, then it gets more interesting. I've never been to high on Zadina, although I'm encouraged a bit by last year

Reactions: Realgud

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Seider.

I really like the Raymond pick, but you have to be a really special draft prospect to overtake Seider who I think has potential through the roof, and has already proven it at a high level.

Raymond will probably be next for me, then it gets more interesting. I've never been to high on Zadina, although I'm encouraged a bit by last year

I voted Seider but Raymond is that special.

However, I think the fact that Seider has proven he can play his game in NA is a huge deal. He shouldn't be behind by ten votes.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I'm as high on both Seider and Raymond as one can be, but I choose Seider by a hair because of how good he has been until now. I think the ceiling for both of these players is exceptionally high but I think Seider has proved a little bit more until now (obviously).

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Raymond, Seider, and Zadina all feel like they could one day be elite players which is exciting. Id have Raymond at 1 followed closely by the latter two, though im not sure i'd even consider Zadina a prospect anymore.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
It's tough to choose between Raymond and Seider.

I think Raymond has a higher ceiling so I'm going to say Raymond.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
I had a hard time choosing between Seider and Raymond, and judging by how close the poll is im guessing many others did too. I went with Seider simply because hes more proven. A good season from Raymond could definitely change that.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Kienan Draper.

But seriously.

Kienan Draper.

But seriously seriously, I'll go with Seider. I'm really excited about his potential.

Voted the Manhammer.

upload_2020-10-8_19-23-30.gif

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I'm ecstatic with the Raymond pick (even though he's not a C), as he can drive the play from the wing etc. However, recency bias & shiny new toy syndrome have reared their heads...he's not #1 until he's proven something, say like Seider, who is the true #1 prospect.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I'm ecstatic with the Raymond pick (even though he's not a C), as he can drive the play from the wing etc. However, recency bias & shiny new toy syndrome have reared their heads...he's not #1 until he's proven something, say like Seider, who is the true #1 prospect.
Raymond scored today for Forlunda now has 2 goals and an assist in 5 games.

Reactions: RedWingzz
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Interesting on the main board Seider was voted before Raymond, yet here on our board, Raymond is taking the poll.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Shiny new toy.

Yeah, can't really go wrong with either. Can't wait for the 21-22 season, unfortunately we're gonna have to sit through one more dumpster fire of a season before the rise begins, but 21-22 could be fun with Raymond, Seider, Veleno on the team and maybe Berggren/Wallinder/Johansson/McIsaac in the mix as well.

Too bad Seider is in Sweden all year, but I guess we will still get to watch him play 30-40 games after their season finishes.

We should go and vote Zadina on the top prospects poll on he main thread, would be cool to see 3 of our guys in the top 15.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Shiny new toy.

Not entirely, Raymond has the most pure talent in a draft pick the Wings have made since Mantha, who obviously carried other concerns. Last year, I was on the Zadina end of the argument of where you are with Seider this year. I do think there was a shiny new toy syndrome last year, with Yzerman coming back, and he goes "off the board" and take an under-scouted, relatively unknown German defenseman who doesn't carry the traditional high offensive upside of a top 10 defenseman pick. It felt like there was a lot of Steve is the savior, get on board, this is going to be a special kid.

And to be fair, a little more than 12 months later, Seider does look like a special kid for us.

But this time around, I think it's hard to validate the shiny new toy syndrome given the track record of Raymond. We have seen for multiple years that he is a special talent who swings above his weight class (playing up age groups). He does have superstar potential, which I think is a little different than Seider's elite potential. Giving Raymond the edge based on pure upside is reasonable, and giving Seider the edge based on safer high end projectability is certainly reasonable as well.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Voted the Manhammer.

Pretty frickin awesome that Filip Zadina is our third best prospect...

Poll is trending that way because most of us (myself included) don't consider Zadina a prospect anymore. Yzerman has said as much also. By yeah, if I thought of him as a prospect, I'd have him third.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Seider and Raymond are close but the way Seider has started in Sweden and the seasin/WJC he had last year its impossible for me to not vote him.

A potential number one D has more value to me than a first line winger

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Seider and Raymond are close but the way Seider has started in Sweden and the seasin/WJC he had last year its impossible for me to not vote him.

A potential number one D has more value to me than a first line winger
Agreed. Though if both players meet their projections I'm not going to be choosy! And it's not like the Wings don't also need high end forwards with line driving potential too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad