Red Wings’ Alex Nedeljkovic goes to Grand Rapids for conditioning

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah, but still, you can't just take small sample sizes and say all are bad. All NHL goalies have good months and bad months. They should always be analyzed on long run. We can take 2-year sample size and Husso beats Ned easily.

You what?

Reactions: jaster

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Same here, One of the Griffin insiders said he looks very sluggish and really not totally engaged.
I'm confident that if it isn't a conditioning issue, then it's him not caring because the AHL is not his "caliber" and he is just buying his time until he returns to NHL.

Unfortunately for him, DET can make him stay in GR for a very long time.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Yeah, but still, you can't just take small sample sizes and say "all are bad" or "good months won't count".

Very funny, how Ned looked good again on the Griffins. Chaos "Ben Simon" defensive system, losing hockey, guy shines there. Not a fit for any winning team on the long run.
You started off so strong, Henkka :naughty:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'm confident that if it isn't a conditioning issue, then it's him not caring because the AHL is not his "caliber" and he is just buying his time until he returns to NHL.

Unfortunately for him, DET can make him stay in GR for a very long time.
That very well could be, Pretty sure if it were me. I'd feel the same way about playing in the AHL.

• Haha
Reactions: SoupNazi

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
That's probably why you're not a world class athlete.
Hey dude, just back off and let people project their entitlement on to these professional hockey players. Like, yeah, man, if I were an NHLer I wouldn't take shit from none of those coaches, I'd tell them where to go! Yeah!

Kinda reminds me of people who are like, "man, the military couldn't handle me, I'd punch out those drill sergeants in basic training as soon as they started yelling at me!"

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
@jaster

look-at-this-graph-nickelback.gif
There's a Nickelback joke in here somewhere.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Well at least one goalie can play well in GR, those two Euro guys certainly couldn't stop a beachball.

Reactions: nhlisawesome

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
2-0-1; 1.63 GAA; 0.950 SV%; 5 GA on 100 shots

He is indeed a very good AHL goalie.
.... and I was right, ELmer sent down because Ned had a good 3rd game.

The question will be if Zadina or Bergy get sent down next. Joey is playing center so he won't get sent down. Zadina will get a conditioning stint either way.

Reactions: 14ari13

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
.... and I was right, ELmer sent down because Ned had a good 3rd game.

The question will be if Zadina or Bergy get sent down next. Joey is playing center so he won't get sent down. Zadina will get a conditioning stint either way.
I don't see what's the big deal about being sent down for a week or a month.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
I'm trying to figure out why Zadina is being penciled in for a roster spot? He was a healthy scratch at the start of the season. only got into the lineup due to injuries, and then proceeded to produce absolutely nothing. Sure, Wings have to make a roster decision when Bertuzzi is ready, but Zadina, there is no reason he should be bumping anyone off the roster.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I'm trying to figure out why Zadina is being penciled in for a roster spot? He was a healthy scratch at the start of the season. only got into the lineup due to injuries, and then proceeded to produce absolutely nothing. Sure, Wings have to make a roster decision when Bertuzzi is ready, but Zadina, there is no reason he should be bumping anyone off the roster.
Zadina was signed this off-season for a 3 year deal and will still be a RFA after the deal ends, that's the only thing, for me, that is putting him ahead of Erne in terms of waivers. Erne is a UFA in the summer.

Zadina has been lapped by Berggren in terms of utility, potential, fit in the lineup. He's redundant in my books.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad