OT: Red Sox/MLB 2015!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Depends on who you are talking about, but it's not hindsight on my part. If these guys turn it around and become serviceable, i'll admit i was wrong.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Actually, the games so far have shown to me that Ben was right not trading for Hamels. If the pitching is even worse than anticipated, even someone like Hamels couldn't change that fact all by himself. You need a working rotation, not just 1 ace and 4 scrubs, that's not gonna cut it.

It certainly looks like that the pitching will not get them anywhere. Remember, we're supposed to be in a pitchers era and yet it looks like neither of our starter can fullfill the "old" formula of a quality start, which is pretty sad.

Let this year play out and see who's ready contributing from the farm. In a best case scenario, we like what we see from the likes of Rodriguez (might be ready at some point this year), Johnson (looks quite ready at some point this season), Owens (ready as soon as he completely figured out AAA)

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
The most shocking thing about this game is that Robbie Ross Jr pitched 1.2 innings without giving up a run

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
i mean i know the joke is that they're not #1's or whatever. they're all good pitchers capable of throwing a lot of innings and getting outs.

somehow they've collectively turned into felix doubront.

:laugh:

Or just, they've all become Clay Buchholz, completely unreliable and overall mediocre, even below average, pitcher.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Admittedly, I didn't think this staff was good enough; I thought it needed an ace to put it over the top.

And I fully expected Buchholz to pitch this way, he's been absolute garbage for years. Not sure why we expect him to even be an average pitcher, let alone an ace.

But the rest-- Porcello, Miley, Kelly, Masterson. I was expecting much better. I wasn't expecting great things, but at least decent pitching. I was expecting a much stronger, potentially explosive, offense and pitching to just keep the Sox in the games, so the bats could be the difference. I did think an ace would be required to contend in the post-season, but the staff should be able to carry the team through until a substantial portion of the season.

I assume this was also what Cherington was expecting.

The bats have been solid, and will likely get even better. The pitching is third rate Triple AAA.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I like how so many people don't see how good Joe Kelly is and will be. He's flying under the radar.

He's the best guy we have so far but that's kind of like being the smartest idiot. Kelly shows flashes but hasn't been able to put it all together. His ERA is right around 5. That isn't good. The strikeouts are encouraging and much needed. Hopefully he can put it together.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Why are the Red Sox starting games at 6:10 this week ? This is the second night in a row I tuned in very late. Thanks.

Sox have been starting April games at 6:00pm because April weather is warmer with the earlier start time so the first part of the game is not so cold and by the time it gets even cooler outside the game is close to being over. That is the theory behind it but the games are so frigging long it is not over until after 10:00 anyway.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I like how so many people don't see how good Joe Kelly is and will be. He's flying under the radar.

Kelly's problem is location. His stuff is electric so if he can fix his location problem then he can be a consistent winner.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I can't remember the last time a red sox starting pitcher had a quality start like this one this year.

Porcello in the home opener was pretty close. Been saying for awhile that he has the best chance to be our no 1 by the end of the year.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
What a pathetic rule.

Man I don't want to hate baseball but between 4 hour games and the removal of plate collisions and the fact these guys get paid 5x what hockey and football players do its hard to like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad