OT: Red Sox/MLB 2015!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I think he's either a free agent after this season or the Red Sox have a team option. It's not looking so good for him.

It's almost like he waits for the sox to score five so he can come out the next half inning and give up six.

They have a team option after the season.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i think there's going to be a blowout at some point with the coaching staff and the pitchers.

this is an all staff thing at this point. i'm not excusing buchholz but all of these guys are pulling the same ****. a majority of the staff is strike throwing pitchers. they allow runners and then stop throwing strikes.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Had a red Sox starter had a quality start in the passed two weeks? I legitimately can't think of one.

It's pretty horrendous.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i mean i know the joke is that they're not #1's or whatever. they're all good pitchers capable of throwing a lot of innings and getting outs.

somehow they've collectively turned into felix doubront.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
I know we don't want to panic into trading for Hamels, but the staff isn't do anything to bring down the anxiety level...I mean we can't even get one day off from it

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
olney and stark discussed hamels on the podcast today.

the phillies still haven't lowered their price. take the entire contract, give the best pieces from your farm system.

olney brought up that most teams you'd expect to be panicking about their pitching depth are calling amaro jnr.'s bluff. the dodgers could use hamels but they're not parting with pederson, seager or urias. the red sox aren't giving up swihart or betts. the cardinals aren't giving up martinez and so on. he brought up that the cardinals have a need now that wainwright has gone down but they're not really under pressure.

i think the red sox are in the same position. keep building. hamels doesn't make them any better, he only makes them worse in the long term.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Forget hamels at this point. that was the thought when they needed an ace. They need a hell of a lot more than one guy right now. I don't know what you can do right now. My first thought would be to see if johnson/Rodriguez can give you anything. I know some believed in this staff heading into season but i was never in that camp. While nobody saw them being this bad, the rotation was filled with question marks. Just a bad job by cherington in my opinion.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i think cherington did what needed to be done.

didn't commit long term to anyone (except porcello and time will tell on that) he just got the type of arms that the team needed.

how much blame is leveled at him for putting responsibility on the player's shoulders?

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
don't think shields was/is worth the money in a park like fenway.

scherzer wasn't signing for less than seven years and i doubt they'd have given him what he got from washington.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Johnson and Rodriguez especially are throwing well in AAA. Johnson was pitcher of week and Rodriguez looks like he is a potential 1 or 2.

Very frustrating watching these guys get pounded

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Just sayin'. I don't root for these guys to suck. I might be in the minority but i prefer watching good pitching over a 10-9 softball game.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i don't either but i can also see the forest for the trees.

the market was either "sink 7+ years into pitchers in their early 30's" or "get good pitchers who throw strikes and eat innings for cheaper"

hindsight is great though.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Robert that's your excuse for everything...that it's hindsight. I've felt this way about the staff prior to this debacle of a season so far.

As for the guy who said talk to me in june...bullpen will be dead by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad