OT: Red Sox/MLB 2015!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Sox win East, Lose to Mariners in ALCS, Nationals World series champs.

If Sox get Hamels I think they can win it all completing the worst to first to worst to first quinella

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Wooo!!! Baseball is back!! God, I am so disappointed in myself that I found FanDuel during football last year, because I'm going to waste a lot of money on that with baseball this year. :laugh:

Some young, exciting teams this year. A few teams on my list to watch (other than the Red Sox, obviously) are the Mets and Padres. I think both teams are gonna make sneaky pushes this year and may both make the playoffs (likely as the two wild card teams). Washington as long as they stay healthy SHOULD finally be the real favorite this year, along with the Dodgers, although I think that team just doesn't have the leadership to win anything.

In the AL, I like the Sox in the East just due to their offensive firepower, the Indians seem like an interesting team out of the Central, and the Angels might steal the West this year, and I'm hesitant to jump on the Mariners bandwagon just yet.

Just some final pre-season predictions (and I can't wait to see how wrong I am):

AL East: Red Sox
AL Central: Indians
AL West: Angels

AL Wild Cards: Mariners, Royals

NL East: Nationals
NL Central: Cardinals
NL West: Dodgers

NL Wild Cards: Mets, Padres

World Series: Nationals over Angels

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Staff member
Aug 9, 2010
Lovely Lakes Of NH
Growing up Baseball was my favorite sport and the Sox were my favorite team but the game has changed so much that it is not the same.As for the Sox chances I will say 3rd in the East,not sure what the experts are predicting probably first but I am sticking with 3rd.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I think the Sox rotation is going to be better than people think. The Orioles are the team to beat in the east though.

I got the Sox at 97 wins. Just think this year with the new attitude of players, new car smell type, we're gonna be good. An the offense will be potent. Here's a prediction: Craig will be the biggest surprise of the team. He's going to be good.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I have the Sox at 86....losing Vazquez cost them a half dozen games to me.

The pitching is shaky but if they can hit 81 games with 43 or more wins I like their chances to go get need pieces and exceed my projection; could be rocky start but the Phils are horrible; the Nationals next week will be a test (the Nats though are going to be missing three of their starters on the DL)

really need to take at least 2 from the Phils and actually all 3

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
I have the Sox at 86....losing Vazquez cost them a half dozen games to me.

The pitching is shaky but if they can hit 81 games with 43 or more wins I like their chances to go get need pieces and exceed my projection; could be rocky start but the Phils are horrible but the Nationals next week will be a test (the Nats though are going to be missing three of their starters on the DL)

really need to take at least 2 from the Phils and actually all 3

Whoa...6 wins for Vazquez? Seriously? They have two defensive catchers behind the plate platooning for the year (Leon and Hanigan), who will probably provide just as much offense combined as Vazquez would have. I don't really peg 6 wins on Vazquez, that's a bit excessive.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Whoa...6 wins for Vazquez? Seriously? They have two defensive catchers behind the plate platooning for the year (Leon and Hanigan), who will probably provide just as much offense combined as Vazquez would have. I don't really peg 6 wins on Vazquez, that's a bit excessive.

normally yes, but whereas many players are idividually based figuring WARP, this guy will have a profound affect on the pitchers- he is already considered a very good pitch framer. He was the hidden gem of this team to me but we shall see.

I'd rather have lost almost any position player but this guy I think he was going to be that good

hopefully Hannigan wont get burned out and Swihart will be ready in August to help

btw- keep an eye on Phils catcher Carlos Ruiz- not sure if he's in last year but he'd interest me if so

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Will it be enough to take the division?

I'd assume yes.

The Rays are bad, the Jays didn't do much, and the Yankees are a mess.

Orioles are really their only direct competition, but they lost a lot of good pieces this offseason.

I have the Sox at 92 wins and AL East champs, losing in the ALCS to the Angels.

Who will be DH today since Farrell said Ortiz will play 1B? Napoli?

NL game, no DH.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
normally yes, but whereas many players are idividually based figuring WARP, this guy will have a profound affect on the pitchers- he is already considered a very good pitch framer. He was the hidden gem of this team to me but we shall see.

I'd rather have lost almost any position player but this guy I think he was going to be that good

hopefully Hannigan wont get burned out and Swihart will be ready in August to help

btw- keep an eye on Phils catcher Carlos Ruiz- not sure if he's in last year but he'd interest me if so

Both Leon and Hanigan, especially Leon are good at pitch framing.

Where the Sox will miss Vazquez the most is his defense and arm behind the plate.

I don't think I can get on the 6 wins train though, seems a tad excessive.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I live in europe and have been wanting to see baseball for awhile now and now for the 1st time I'm able to do it, excited to see how the season goes.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I also think Baltimore is the biggest obstacle for us in the East.

Agreed. Losing Cruz will hurt that offense, Markakis was a decent player, and Hardy starting on the DL sucks too, but overall that is still a good team.

Definitely think it comes down to them and BOS all season. Everyone else just has way too many question marks (Yankees, Jays), or just flat out aren't good (Rays) in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad