OT: Red Sox/MLB 2012 Thread Part XXI-Maybe a Banner Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Jeremy Lundblad ‏@JLundbladESPN
Bogaerts is 5th overall prospect in @keithlaw top 100. Highest regarded #RedSox positional prospect since... Nomar? Rice? Lynn?

also **** truck day and larry lucchino

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
BCWa6iNCQAAA5vw.jpg:large

Lester, Lackey, Bard

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Jeremy Lundblad ‏@JLundbladESPN
Bogaerts is 5th overall prospect in @keithlaw top 100. Highest regarded #RedSox positional prospect since... Nomar? Rice? Lynn?

also **** truck day and larry lucchino

I'm honestly surprised Larry hasn't started selling replica toy trucks from truck day on the sox site by this point. It could be like baseball's answer to the Hess Truck. I can hear it now "The Sox Truck is back and like the team it's better than ever."

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'm honestly surprised Larry hasn't started selling replica toy trucks from truck day on the sox site by this point. It could be like baseball's answer to the Hess Truck. I can hear it now "The Sox Truck is back and like the team it's better than ever."

Hahah oh man I laughed hard at that.

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
Do people really get choked up and sentimental on truck day? I remember Larry on Dennis and Callahan a few years back saying how much he's heard from families who love making a yearly traditional of it. I mean I know of no friends of mine in real life, or Facebook, that go to this thing.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

I wish this was the kind of thing you could bet on. I bet anything this happens in the next 5 years. I'm shocked it hasn't happened already. Shocked.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Do people really get choked up and sentimental on truck day? I remember Larry on Dennis and Callahan a few years back saying how much he's heard from families who love making a yearly traditional of it. I mean I know of no friends of mine in real life, or Facebook, that go to this thing.

Nobody cares. Ever. It's just Larry trying to make himself and the team part of the news. Biggest non-story ever.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I wish this was the kind of thing you could bet on. I bet anything this happens in the next 5 years. I'm shocked it hasn't happened already. Shocked.

Hopefully I didn't just give him an idea. I mean you never know. They read SOSH supposedly...:laugh:

This clip sums up my feeling towards the ownership group:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Truck day went from a blurb on the news to an event. I find it silly.

Crap, if watching a bunch of nobodies loading bats and cups into a panel truck is considered exciting by media types, they would have loved watching me move an entire house last year...:naughty:

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Crap, if watching a bunch of nobodies loading bats and cups into a panel truck is considered exciting by media types, they would have loved watching me move an entire house last year...:naughty:

I moved at night, in a rainstorm with 3 or 4 drunk buddies. It would have been fascinating TV:laugh:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

I'd like to say he's full of ****, but when you look at how many marks.....er, people actually buy into "Red Sox Nation"TM and every other ounce of complete horse crap this group has put on sale from bricks to rain tarps, the guy might be telling the truth.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Damn... did I miss the truck day activities?

Stupidest thing ever.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Never been less enthused to get the season started...3rd place team IMO. I cannot wait for Bogaerts arrival though, most likely in 2014.

I think I'd be happy with third place. This team is destined for the basement.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
There's so little to be negative about though. Lots of promising prospects and it would be tough to finish worse than last year.

The only thing
I don't like is that Ross is gone but I am really exicted for Baseball, I think the Pitchers will bounce back and this team will compete hard, no more leaders like Gonzalez man I think people don't realize how much of a problem he was, he complained about everything and the team followed him.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i'm not going to be happy until Manny Ramirez appreciation day happens at Fenway Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad