OT: Red Sox/MLB 2012 Thread Part XXI-Maybe a Banner Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
still holding out hope that in some miraculous twist Mark Cuban buys the team.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
BBZ9usUCAAAb3uO.png

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
if morse isn't a first baseman, he's sure as **** not an outfielder. probably won't play much outfield in seattle with gutierrez, saunders and wells all being capable outfielders and still having to find somewhere for ibanez, carp and bay. i'd guess morse ends up platooning first and dh with morales.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Mets sign Marcum for 1yr/4M. A great deal for NY as Marcum is quite underrated IMO (don't get why he didn't have more suitors) and wasn't tied to any draft pick compensation. I would have loved for Boston to sign him for anywhere around that number.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
We signed Ryan Sweeney to a minor league deal. Considering Kalish is having shoulder surgery again, this is a good move. Kalish hasnt been the same since he injured it the first time. Since then he's been timid in the outfield. Should of hung onto Reddick man...

But good signing Sweens again. Let's hope he doesn't punch any doors again.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
he never got that Morse isn't a 1B, SO HOW did I miss his point, the Morse info came directly from Jon Heyman

I get that you are saying he isn't a first baseman. I have no idea what else you were trying to say.

That being said, my point was that the Red Sox must have thought he could play 1B, at a satisfactory level at least, otherwise they would not have looked into trading for him. The trade didn't happen, and now he is in Seattle. The rest of my point was that Napoli signed for one year. Someone said that that puts the Red Sox back in the same position of having no one to play first next winter. With Morse becoming a free agent after this season (like Napoli), and the Red Sox previous interest in him as a first baseman, he is an option next winter.

It doesn't seem like a great fit for him in Seattle, so I think he'll be on the market next winter for sure.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I get that you are saying he isn't a first baseman. I have no idea what else you were trying to say.

That being said, my point was that the Red Sox must have thought he could play 1B, at a satisfactory level at least, otherwise they would not have looked into trading for him. The trade didn't happen, and now he is in Seattle. The rest of my point was that Napoli signed for one year. Someone said that that puts the Red Sox back in the same position of having no one to play first next winter. With Morse becoming a free agent after this season (like Napoli), and the Red Sox previous interest in him as a first baseman, he is an option next winter.

It doesn't seem like a great fit for him in Seattle, so I think he'll be on the market next winter for sure.

my point was had LaRoche signed elsewhere, the Nationals would've moved Morse to 1b, even before sending him to Seattle, even if the Sox had walked away from Napoli, none of us knew that the degenerative hip condition was the reason Napoli hadn't been signed, just agreed to terms on the original 3 yr deal.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
my point was had LaRoche signed elsewhere, the Nationals would've moved Morse to 1b, even before sending him to Seattle, even if the Sox had walked away from Napoli, none of us knew that the degenerative hip condition was the reason Napoli hadn't been signed, just agreed to terms on the original 3 yr deal.

So first Morse is not a 1B, but now if LaRoche had signed elsewhere, Morse would have become a 1B?

I don't see where you are going with this.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
69629_10151208950211766_843275785_n.jpg

this is embarrassing and it's from the team's twitter

It's all about public perception rather than on the field performance. If they would realize and understand this fact, they'd see there's no need to publish nonsensical BS in newspapers and on twitter. All they have to do is field a good team that people can root for.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
one prospect traded for another: Chris Carter from OAK to HOU; A's add Jed Lowrie to Crisp/Reddick

I think the A's overpaid here, just like they did for Jaso. Half of the return for Gio++ got you lowrie and jaso. He's Billy Beane so you never know, but I don't see it.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Jed 'the Jedi' Lowrie. I miss him too. Happy he's finally healthy and such. Happy he's with Reddick in Oakland.

Also, Pete Abraham tweeted about Lackey being the thinest he's been in years. I didn't believe it until I saw a picture and WOW. He looks like he dropped 100 pounds. Even his legs are skinny. Now THATS what I want to see. Unlike Beckett, he really took the time to diet. I can't post the pic, but if you go on Petes twitter (twitter.com/peteabe) youlll see it and be amazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad