Records that are unbreakable

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbbourn

Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
Matti_A said:
IMO thats a tough record to brake.
Also Theo Fleury's 3 sh goals in one game could possibly be tied but never broken

I tied this record in my beer league and I stink. This record has a better chance of being tied now that there are more short handed opportunities, but it definitely is a stretch.

I don't think any record is unbreakable considering how much they mess with the game to make it "more exciting."

The Fuhr*

jiggs 10 said:
92 goals....boy, will that take some rule changes to get close to!

215 points.....not until they change the rules to say NO checking, hitting, touching, etc.

QUOTE]

MARIO LEMIEUX would came close to braken these records in the 88-89 season but happened to get injured with 8 games to go in the season. In 76 games he had 85 goals and 199 points that would have gave him an opputunity to break the record with 8 games left(remember there used to be 84 games in a season). So I would say those records arnt untouchable.

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
jiggs 10 said:

215 points.....not until they change the rules to say NO checking, hitting, touching, etc.
Fuhr86 said:
MARIO LEMIEUX would came close to braken these records in the 88-89 season but happened to get injured with 8 games to go in the season. In 76 games he had 85 goals and 199 points that would have gave him an opputunity to break the record with 8 games left(remember there used to be 84 games in a season). So I would say those records arnt untouchable.
Before Lemieux missed an opportunity to break this record because of missed games, WAYNE GRETZKY, the Great One himself, nearly broke his own single-season records of 92 Goals and 212 Points, which he would break when he tallied 215 Assists two seasons after setting the 212 record.

In 74 Games Played during the 1983-84 season, the Great One had 87 Goals and 118 Assists for 205 Points.

Mario Lemieux's 199 Points in 1988-89 is the highest for someone not named Gretzky. No one other than Wayne Gretzky ever compiled 200 or more Points in a single NHL regular-season. It is impressive to note that Gretzky did this four times and averaged over 200 Points for a six season span, 1981-82 through 1986-87.

Also, the NHL only used an 84 game schedule for two seasons, 1992-93 and 1993-94. Before those two campaigns, the league had had a schedule of 80 games going back to the 1974-75 season.

Random Ryan*

Homer J. Leafs said:
March 4th 1999 The Toronto Maple Leafs beat the St Louis Blues 4-0 and they record just 9 SOG (Cujo with the SO)
its an NHL record: "the lowest SOG total for a winning team"
:yo:
lol... what if it was 9-4 hurricanes

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Fuhr86 said:
jiggs 10 said:

QUOTE]

So he would have had to score 7 goals in 4 games, and 16 points in 4 games to break the record? Right? Because in 1983-84, Gretz scored 87 goals and 205 points in only 74 games. So he was still ahead of Lemieux's best by quite a bit.

I am saying these records are untouchable in today's NHL, because the coaching "geniuses" would not allow such a thing to happen anymore. They would force a player like Lemieux or Gretzky to sit on the bench due to their defensive deficencies. And those were BIG!!!!! "Win first" coaches with no brains (like the Sutters) would not allow something like this to happen anymore. A player with 180 points would get his leg broken these days by "trapping" coaches like the Sutters, etc. Only if real hockey players/fans were coaches could something like this happen. And I don't see anyone even close to capable of it.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
jiggs 10 said:
So he would have had to score 7 goals in 4 games, and 16 points in 4 games to break the record? Right? Because in 1983-84, Gretz scored 87 goals and 205 points in only 74 games. So he was still ahead of Lemieux's best by quite a bit.

I am saying these records are untouchable in today's NHL, because the coaching "geniuses" would not allow such a thing to happen anymore. They would force a player like Lemieux or Gretzky to sit on the bench due to their defensive deficencies. And those were BIG!!!!! "Win first" coaches with no brains (like the Sutters) would not allow something like this to happen anymore. A player with 180 points would get his leg broken these days by "trapping" coaches like the Sutters, etc. Only if real hockey players/fans were coaches could something like this happen. And I don't see anyone even close to capable of it.

jiggs 10 are you trying to compete with Chooch as the lord of the boards? Just wondering from your recent posts about Iginla and the above one.

Cheers!

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
cup2006sensrule said:
jiggs 10 are you trying to compete with Chooch as the lord of the boards? Just wondering from your recent posts about Iginla and the above one.

Cheers!

Sorry. I just don't like to watch smash-and-bash hockey when good, fast hockey is available. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad