Speculation: Reclamation projects for MTL after deadline

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Can package the picks to move up and better their picks to get the players they want.

Aware of the possibility, but it's still unlikely a team goes into a draft with more than 11 picks. Montreal will gladly take quality prospects. The Pacioretty deal is the prime example. If they can take an expiring contract and net someone of value for doing it that they can either insert in to the lineup now, or put in Laval for a year, that would be preferred.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
In Vancouver we're pretty happy with Leivo and Motte. Leivo was putting up borderline top 6/middle 6 numbers while playing a strong overall game before he went down to injury, and Motte is a solid energy 4th liner.

I would recommend taking a hard look at Goldobin. 24 years old, has 41 points in 40 games in the AHL this year. Put up 27 points in 63 games with the big club last season. He hasn't been able to stick full time here, but he definitely has skill for days and he's still relatively young. He'll be cheap too.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
In Vancouver we're pretty happy with Leivo and Motte. Leivo was putting up borderline top 6/middle 6 numbers while playing a strong overall game before he went down to injury, and Motte is a solid energy 4th liner.

I would recommend taking a hard look at Goldobin. 24 years old, has 41 points in 40 games in the AHL this year. Put up 27 points in 63 games with the big club last season. He hasn't been able to stick full time here, but he definitely has skill for days and he's still relatively young. He'll be cheap too.
Goldobin has had plenty of opportunities to prove that he’s an NHL’er. He’s not. I wouldn’t waste a contract spot on him. He’s like Hudon. Great minor. Not an nhl player

Last edited:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Probably very low on their list of needs, but I’m sure they could grab Honka for a mid round pick.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Huh? Kovalchuk and the kings aren’t a fit. They already spent a crap load to find that out.
1355331549061.jpg

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Surprised Anthony Duclair never made his way to Montreal when he was a reclamation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad