Speculation: Reclamation projects for MTL after deadline

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Just go mining in Europe and Russia. Soshnikov and Ozhiganov were pretty meh but Mikheyev is a legit player. With Montreal's resources and ability to offer NHL spots right away they should really be shooting some more shots over there.

Reactions: greasysnapper

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Montreal has 11 picks for 2020. They already have 8 for next year. Middling picks to take on expiring contracts really isn't going to do much imo. 15 to 20 picks in a draft year? Seems quite unrealistic to me.

Moves for tangible prospects of real value seems more likely.

Can package the picks to move up and better their picks to get the players they want.

Armada

Nov 21, 2013
Habs need someone like Nutivaara, but apparently it's Injury Murray that is available.

I would give 2x 2nd for Nutivaara.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If I'm Bergy, I trade Kovalchuk for a pick and Tatar for a big return otherwise Tuna stays.

Then I use the millions I have in cap space as a bargaining chip.

Let every team know that we are ready to take on a cap dump for a pic if it helps that team complete a trade for their run.

But it won't be cheap.

you wont get much for taking on a cap dump with only 1/4 of the season left
a lot more teams willing to do it than in the summer

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Julien Gauthier
Daniel Sprong
Jesse Puljujarvi

Haydn Fleury
Christian Djoos

those are the only guys I would like to try to acquire if possible and every single one of them are on teams contending for the playoffs. They most likely would be interested in Thompson / Tatar / Kovalchuk / Petry and maybe a few others.

sprongs team has won 19/48 games. not sure they are contenders lol

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If I'm Bergy, I trade Kovalchuk for a pick and Tatar for a big return otherwise Tuna stays.

Then I use the millions I have in cap space as a bargaining chip.

Let every team know that we are ready to take on a cap dump for a pic if it helps that team complete a trade for their run.

But it won't be cheap.

Unless the cap dump has term left on the deal it absolutely will be cheap.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Just go mining in Europe and Russia. Soshnikov and Ozhiganov were pretty meh but Mikheyev is a legit player. With Montreal's resources and ability to offer NHL spots right away they should really be shooting some more shots over there.

Pretty they wouldn't be able to come in this year, which is the whole point of the thread.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Julien Gauthier
Daniel Sprong
Jesse Puljujarvi

Haydn Fleury
Christian Djoos

those are the only guys I would like to try to acquire if possible and every single one of them are on teams contending for the playoffs. They most likely would be interested in Thompson / Tatar / Kovalchuk / Petry and maybe a few others.

playoffs? Ducks?

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
I’m hoping Holland snags Domi for a 2nd. He’d give us the best 3rd line in the league and would really help our Cup run.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I’m hoping Holland snags Domi for a 2nd. He’d give us the best 3rd line in the league and would really help our Cup run.

You wouldn't need to give anyone a 2nd to get Tie, you would just need to lure him out of retirement. I'd say that would be a desperation move, but Edmonton's forward depth is pretty terrible.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
I'd take a chance on Justin Bailey. He has been scoring goals at will as of late. Obviously it is highly unlikely that he would have similar success at the NHL level; I have always thought he looked decent when he was on Buffalo. He's got the mobility to be a NHLer.
To add he also looked good in philly when he was up just very limited minutes, I could see him being a good bottom 6 nhler, he’s a player I wish we would have kept even just for ahl for now

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
How about Kovalchuk with our 2nd pick for a late 1st to a playoff team? Then trade Tatar for a 1st and a prospect. Montreal have a top 10 and two 16-30 1st and still have a good 2nd pick with Chicago one. We have already too much middle pick, we need to get higher one. Kovalchuk will help a team and Mtl 2nd pick is almost a 1st so it’s basically Kovy for 10 spots higher I could see a team do that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad