Post-Game Talk: Recipe to a Leafs win: Give up 50 shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

KessMeRandy

Nov 25, 2013
Bolland spent most of last year playing with Patrick Kane and Patrick Sharp.

http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-co...m=CHI&strength=EV&playertype=F&gametype=ALL#A

I don't know what ta tell you man. He was the Blackhawks third line centre. Last year he may have played more with them because Sharp moved to wing. Sharp's a natural centre. When they traded for Handzus he moved down the depth chart, and you can check that if you don't believe me. He was their second-line centre for as many games as Kadri has been our first, basically. That's 8% to 5% (his other combinations) in a 48 game season. That's about 25 games at 2C in 6 years.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
Cool stat: McClement has spent more time killing penalties this season than the Chicago Blackhakws.

Dead serious. McClement has 125:11 PK TOI, Chicago has been shorthanded for 124:10

:laugh:

Stop taking penalties Toronto :cry:

That comparison makes no sense. For all I know, the Leafs could have been shorthanded 130 minutes, which doesn't bring your point across.

Either compare two teams, or compare McClement's PK TOI to the PK TOI of all Blackhawks combined. Then, and only then, will you have a point, if McClement's stat is higher.

I hate teaching logic on the internet.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
That comparison makes no sense. For all I know, the Leafs could have been shorthanded 130 minutes, which doesn't bring your point across.

Either compare two teams, or compare McClement's PK TOI to the PK TOI of all Blackhawks combined. Then, and only then, will you have a point, if McClement's stat is higher.

He's using an interesting stat to convey how much Toronto has been on the PK. It happens all the time, and is not a bad thing.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
did Carlyle go greyer this season?
We're killing the man, slowly!

Ron Wilson in San Jose 2008

80884568_crop_650x440.jpg

Ron Wilson in his last year as a Leaf coach 2012

0203wilson.jpg

Being a Leafs coach takes years off your life by the looks of it.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

what? it's just a weird stat. When has that ever happened before that a player spent more time on the penalty kill then a team has been shorthanded.

it's a crazy stat that shows how much Toronto has been shorthanded that they've relied on 1 person to kill more penalty time than the entire Blackhawks have been shorthanded. Also shows how reliant they are on 1 main penalty killer

Don't get your panties in a bunch, we're you the one who ripped on someone for saying they thought this game would go to a shootout on the first page of the GDT because you thought that it wasn't a prediction thread? :laugh:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=75686733&postcount=14 Aren't you a joy to be around :help:

but if you want to be like that, Chicago has been shorthanded for 124:10, Toronto has been shorthanded for 203:30, wow Toronto takes so many penalties.

Wheeeeeee!!!!!!! That was such a more fun way of telling the story, you're right, I'll consult you the next time I want to spice up a stat by pounding it into a boring relentless death.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Pathetic effort and we gave up 50 shots but we won. I guess that's all that matters to some of you!

3rd periods are absolutely terrible. So many different teams playing for the Leafs in every game.

Lazy, smart, terrible, slow, fast, all rolled into one.

in the end the win IS all that matters

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Pathetic effort and we gave up 50 shots but we won. I guess that's all that matters to some of you!

3rd periods are absolutely terrible. So many different teams playing for the Leafs in every game.

Lazy, smart, terrible, slow, fast, all rolled into one.

Yes. The win and the 2 points are all that matters to me. At the end of the season, it won't say "well they won this game but they didn't do these things right".

Are there things this team can improve on? Definitely but 2 points are 2 points.

With that said, a better third period is necessary.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yes. The win and the 2 points are all that matters to me. At the end of the season, it won't say "well they won this game but they didn't do these things right".

Are there things this team can improve on? Definitely but 2 points are 2 points.

With that said, a better third period is necessary.

don't you know the "well they won this game but they didn't do these things right" count is now the first tiebreaker when determining playoff position? We better get our "well we won this game but they didn't do these things right" stat in order or we might end up missing the playoffs on this stupid tiebreaker :sarcasm:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
don't you know the "well they won this game but they didn't do these things right" count is now the first tiebreaker when determining playoff position? We better get our "well we won this game but they didn't do these things right" stat in order or we might end up missing the playoffs on this stupid tiebreaker :sarcasm:

Well if you want to get technical, now that I think about it, isn't ROW the definition of "you better win this game right"? :laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
MacArthur still pretty salty it seems going by his post game interview.

i reallly have to wonder -
he's basically said he wasn't going to stay here due to Carlyle - but it was also pretty obvious heading into UFA that nonis wasn't going to offer him a contract... so it makes you wonder:

if Nonis HAD would he have stayed?

honestly - he can go kick rocks. Liles & Komisarek - say what you will about them, had it worse than he did, and classy till the end.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
so I'm watching this....

....did Ottawa really outplay us? (very seriously question)

are we going by shots?
are we going based off chances?

because to me - i would say we were pretty darn equal.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Not sure what Mac and Sens fans are complaining about on the third goal. The D tried to prevent JVR from establishing a screen. He pushed JVR and he ended up falling into the net behind Anderson. I've seen so many goals like that allowed where the goalie is interfered with but because it was his own player that pushed the attacking player into him the goal is allowed (seen it happen enough times where it was a Leafs player that did it to his own goalie and cost the team a goal). Considering that this isn't some new way of implementing the rule, not sure why people are that outraged by it. Or am I missing something on that play?

Besides, I'm not even sure how that goal was even scored. Between Anderson, JVR and the D man at the net, that was a lot of bodies in the way and the puck somehow didn't rebound off any of them.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
so I'm watching this....

....did Ottawa really outplay us? (very seriously question)

are we going by shots?
are we going based off chances?

because to me - i would say we were pretty darn equal.

Not sure what the scoring chances were but the shots were misleading as a lot of shots were taken from bad angles. I think even the commentators mentioned that the Sens were getting a lot of shots but they were a lot of shots that were not only easy for Reimer to save but to control the rebound and kill the play.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yeah, if it wasn't for Mac tearing it up for my fantasy team I'd hate him. I don't like him for the way he left but he can keep the points coming please and thank you :D

Geese_Howard*

Sens are so **** and overrated lol. I always knew they were an overrated garbage team with a bandwagon fan base, only the 4th sellout this year lol. Can't we just buy them and move them to Markham?

They're so shook of us and spezza is a terrible leader, captain and overrated player.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Makes sense. We have looked like a lottery team with phenomenal goaltending on many nights this season.

On paper, we are much better than what we have shown thus far this season.

A lottery team? There is no order to this team, there is no structure, if you are paying to go see these games and are a connoisseur of hockey you know you are watching trash. They play 10-20 minutes of hockey if you are lucky!

Honestly if Carlyle says no matter what he says or does they play the same then obviously he lost the room and they just are hearing old guy blah blah blahing. If that's really the case fire the staff.

Or

Just partial blow up the team.

Holland, why the **** would an idiot coach use this guy 3mins and add another game towards his conditional 25. What does Randy want to give the dducks a second?

I have ****ing had it with this management already. They need to get Bowman consulting them because this is a joke, for a team with this much talent they have a bunch of comedians overhead.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
i reallly have to wonder -
he's basically said he wasn't going to stay here due to Carlyle - but it was also pretty obvious heading into UFA that nonis wasn't going to offer him a contract... so it makes you wonder:

if Nonis HAD would he have stayed?

honestly - he can go kick rocks. Liles & Komisarek - say what you will about them, had it worse than he did, and classy till the end.

To answer your question, I think he would have. Say what you want about our teams overall play this year, we are a playoff team on the rise, you dont leave that especially considering Frattin was already traded.

As for his comments, I agree. Id love to have Macarthur as a player right now cause he can score, pass, skate (his speed was really underrated) and cause he played with his emotions on his sleeve, but you dont say the kind of things he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad