Rebuild/Tanking Thread/Tank Nation Squad GDT #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Staal's lazy since he got the big bucks.Same as numerous other players in the league.

Staal has had a similar career arc to Vinny Lecavalier. High pick in a quiet market, wins surprising cup early in his career and proceeds to do nothing for a decade.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
With Buffalo in the McDavid tank race. Instead they're going to keep being a bubble team for years just like the Leafs used to be.. but for different reasons.

That's the problem. Too bad for them. Schneider is too good to be on a last place team.

His season this year should be on par with Price and Rinne considering the team. Remember the terrible start he had? I'd be interested to know his stats since mid-November.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
That's the problem. Too bad for them. Schneider is too good to be on a last place team.

His season this year should be on par with Price and Rinne considering the team. Remember the terrible start he had? I'd be interested to know his stats since mid-November.

Last 30 games or so he's in the mid to high 930's and around a 1.8 GAA

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
McDavid is so so so much better than everyone else it's not even funny.

Watching him in Jr, he's significantly better than Crosby was in Jr.

As someone who followed Sid closely, he is better. Significantly is a big stretch but he is slightly better. The thing that sets Crosby apart is his work ethic and drive to always get better. There was some guy being drafted in 2006 that people thought was as good as Sid but then realized how out of shape he was. He currently plays on the Leafs ;)

So McDavids test comes post draft. What kind of work will he put in? I'd love to see another Sid. You won't see 100 points as a rookie like Sid but for obvious reasons. That wins you the Art Ross now. 2005-2006 was a very high scoring year due to rule changes. JT had 125 points. But if McDavid works hard and trains properly, I think he may get 65-70 points, which is solid for a rookie right out of his draft.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I dont think theres a team in the NHL that id hate to be more now than the Devils.

No real franchise changing talents (Larsson is nice but will not be elite imo).

Aging players like Cammelarri, Jagr

Totally regressed players like Zajac or Ruutu

Terrible farm system

Eww just a terrible situation going forward

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I dont think theres a team in the NHL that id hate to be more now than the Devils.

No real franchise changing talents (Larsson is nice but will not be elite imo).

Aging players like Cammelarri, Jagr

Totally regressed players like Zajac or Ruutu

Terrible farm system

Eww just a terrible situation going forward

and and Uncle Lou in charge (sigh)

Ottawa winning 1-0

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
As someone who followed Sid closely, he is better. Significantly is a big stretch but he is slightly better. The thing that sets Crosby apart is his work ethic and drive to always get better. There was some guy being drafted in 2006 that people thought was as good as Sid but then realized how out of shape he was. He currently plays on the Leafs ;)

So McDavids test comes post draft. What kind of work will he put in? I'd love to see another Sid. You won't see 100 points as a rookie like Sid but for obvious reasons. That wins you the Art Ross now. 2005-2006 was a very high scoring year due to rule changes. JT had 125 points. But if McDavid works hard and trains properly, I think he may get 65-70 points, which is solid for a rookie right out of his draft.

Significant was stretch. I admit.

If you take away Connor's 6 games after injury he's averaging 3 points per game in the OHL. That's never been done before, especially not by a draft eligible player. And it's not like he's doing it with help, most nights I've watched him play every goal and assist he gets is 100% just him.

I think if he has Crosby's work ethic he'll finish top 5 in scoring next year. Crosby came 6th his first year.

King Leaf

Jan 2, 2015
Toronto

McDavid has 4 goals and a couple assists tonight. He's going to be a beast in the NHL, his work ethic is crazy like Crosby. I think Josh Ho Sang said in an interview a few years ago that the thing that nobody really appreciated about Connor is how hard he works.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
c20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617.jpg

what, you don't think so?
they can't really score (some nights they explode for like 6 goals). and while they are defensively good (and have good goaltending) - if someone pumps 3 goals by them on a good night, they're basically done. No Schenider, they're def. really really bad.

Shwaguy*

Man, I want McDavid so bad. I need something like that. 2014-2015 has been rough for me. It'd be nice to be able to experience some pure unadulterated Joy.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
McDavid has 4 goals and a couple assists tonight. He's going to be a beast in the NHL, his work ethic is crazy like Crosby. I think Josh Ho Sang said in an interview a few years ago that the thing that nobody really appreciated about Connor is how hard he works.

It feels really funny. It was just a few years ago I remember many people on the prospect board watching Marlboros video and at the time Ho Sang was actually the more hyped up youngster. I was sold on McDavid from the first viewing, his agility with the puck and creativity was special (although he was really small).

Scarbarian*

what, you don't think so?
they can't really score (some nights they explode for like 6 goals). and while they are defensively good (and have good goaltending) - if someone pumps 3 goals by them on a good night, they're basically done. No Schenider, they're def. really really bad.

No, it was more of in an agreement, which I found to be funny.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Nice Sens are up 2-0 but the Ducks will make a run (just like they did the other night against DET down 2-0 going into the third).

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
So at this time LA has this year and nexts 1st rounder tied up. Which means Toronto can't get either until they either make or miss the playoffs. So much for Richards and a 1st.

ARoggy94

Dec 9, 2013
Ottawa
Man, I want McDavid so bad. I need something like that. 2014-2015 has been rough for me. It'd be nice to be able to experience some pure unadulterated Joy.

I've never wanted a player on the Leafs as badly as I do McDavid.

But we know its never going to happen and we'll be stuck settling with mediocrity for the foreseeable future :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

:(

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
So at this time LA has this year and nexts 1st rounder tied up. Which means Toronto can't get either until they either make or miss the playoffs. So much for Richards and a 1st.

Kempe, Pearson/Toffoli could make it up.

King Leaf

Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
I've never wanted a player on the Leafs as badly as I do McDavid.

But we know its never going to happen and we'll be stuck settling with mediocrity for the foreseeable future :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

:(

Same here, generational talent FROM Toronto right before our centennial? If the hockey gods have been paying attention, it's our turn for some luck :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad