Rebuild/Draft & Develop/Tank GDT #32: Leafs aiming for 4th overall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Most Leafs fans don't want Ottawa to win. Just my personal opinion here.

I enjoy watching teams that play with heart. Besides, I want Sens to make it for their GM who doesn't have much longer to live.

You don't have to agree with me, nor do I expect you to. :)

i thought Murarry was doing much better :(

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
MacArthur wasn't that good man.
Was a solid middle six winger and one of our best possession players every year. Even if we ultimately ended up trading him, we would've got something pretty decent. Letting him walk for nothing so we could make space for Clarkson and Lupul and the like was an all-around travesty.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
Looks like the Sens win and Bruins lose tonight but if the Bruins win and Sens lose on Saturday , the Sens miss the playoffs courtesy of the 1point they lost to the Leafs!! Haha!!

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Would be the 3rd best winger on this team. Better than Lupul, as he actually plays a 200 foot game.
3rd best winger on the 4th best team doesn't say much.
MacArthur was a very serviceable guy when he was here.

If he wasn't asking for a huge pay-raise, he should have been re-signed.

Maybe but he was really salty about Caryle and such (maybe rightfully so) so he wasn't signing here anyways. Would've been nice to get something from him though.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Was a solid middle six winger and one of our best possession players every year. Even if we ultimately ended up trading him, we would've got something pretty decent. Letting him walk for nothing so we could make space for Clarkson and Lupul and the like was an all-around travesty.

I don't think people would've cared as much if we got something for him in a trade, or didn't end up signing Clarkson after. The guy continuously botched/fanned on shots, was a awkward skater, and hated playing here/playing for Caryle.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

The writing was on the wall after #CarlYOLO healthy scratched him in the playoffs for Frazer ****ing McLaren.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
MacArthur is a great player. Carlyle misplayed him, plain and simple. ~20 goal scorers don't grow on trees.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Carolina still up 1-0 starting the third period. That's as good as a two goal lead as a single point cinches it. Tell me I've got that right. :laugh:

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
The writing was on the wall after #CarlYOLO healthy scratched him in the playoffs for Frazer ****ing McLaren.

It was clear that there was discontent about Carlyle in the dressing room.. and what does Nonis do? Lets the players go without even considering that Carlyle could be the problem.

Uses an 80 goal line in checking role. #CarlYOLO, #Nonut :laugh:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
MacArthur is a great player. Carlyle misplayed him, plain and simple. ~20 goal scorers don't grow on trees.

The only problem was losing him for nothing. Barely played him in playoffs an coulda got a return

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
So the only wingers in the league who are any good according to you are players who are better than JVR? Must be nice living in that fantasy world.

Calling him a top 3 winger on a bottom 5 team, no matter that team, isn't really a good way of determining how good of a player he is...

Not sure if people have that short of a memory, but he wasn't that good with the Leafs.. maybe the Caryle effect, maybe not.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
did i ever say that i hate the sens, well if i didnt ill say it now. I HATE THE SENS. I hope they get swept in the playoffs, and that they trade their 1st plus a prospect for phanuef, and that lazar becomes tyler biggs nhl version, and... and..., never mind i just hate the sens

You hide it so well, though.

:handclap:

BB

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Calling him a top 3 winger on a bottom 5 team, no matter that team, isn't really a good way of determining how good of a player he is...

Not sure if people have that short of a memory, but he wasn't that good with the Leafs.. maybe the Caryle effect, maybe not.

The Leafs wouldn't be in any different of a position with or without MacArthur. Ideally he would have been moved out for a pick but we were also in the playoff race then.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
Red Wings! I hate the Red Wings.

I'd very much like to see Detroit miss the playoffs. If they were still in the West, they would have missed it for 2 straight years. Instead their ridiculous streak is going. They switched conferences at exactly the right time.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
It was clear that there was discontent about Carlyle in the dressing room.. and what does Nonis do? Lets the players go without even considering that Carlyle could be the problem.

Uses an 80 goal line in checking role. #CarlYOLO, #Nonut :laugh:

Haven't you heard, Randy is a coaching genius because Horachek stepped in just as the plane was losing it's tail and both it's engines and flew it the rest of the way into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad