Rebuild/Draft & Develop/Tank GDT #32: Leafs aiming for 4th overall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Canucks clinched!

Western race is interesting too...

Winnipeg 96 points, 35 ROW. Games left: @Colorado, vs Calgary
Calgary 95 points, 40 ROW. Games left: vs Los Angeles, @Winnipeg
Los Angeles 93 points, 37 ROW. Games left: @Calgary, vs Sharks.

The Kings @ Flames game on Thursday is HUGEEE!!! If Flames win that one, Kings are eliminated! If Flames lose that, they can still make the playoffs if the win in any fashion vs Jets.

Race in the east:
Detroit 97 points, 38 ROW. Games left: @Montreal, @Carolina
Pittsburgh 96 points, 38 ROW. Games left: vs Islanders, @Buffalo.
Boston 95 points, 37 ROW. Games left: @Washington, @Florida, @Tampa
Ottawa 95 poitns, 35 ROW. Games left: @NY Rangers, @Philadelphia

I'd say Pittsburgh is surely in because they have a home game left; and a game vs Buffalo. Ottawa is still on outside looking in because they are behind in ROW. Tying won't cut it. They likely need to win out for the season. Unless Rangers rest some players as they have already clinched, the Rangers game will be a tough one for them.

Last edited:

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
I Really want one of mcdavid, Echiel, Hannif, Strome or Marner. The tanked season will be a loss if we don't end up with one of them

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Haha the negativity is awesome. Even if we do finish 5th we still have a 60% chance of drafting 5th :D.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Haha the negativity is awesome. Even if we do finish 5th we still have a 60% chance of drafting 5th :D.

54.5% chance we would get the 5th pick. 8.5% chance we get the 1st pick. Only a 37% chance we would pick 6th.

We are playing the hottest team in the NHL though. They are 13-1-1 in their last 15 games. Then we play one of the best teams in the NHL.

Carolina plays a struggling Red Wings team and a non-playoff team.

I'd say the odds of us getting McDavid at this point are higher than drafting at #6.

King Leaf

Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
... Kings be in trouble..

Canucks clinched!

Western race is interesting too...

Winnipeg 96 points, 35 ROW. Games left: @Colorado, vs Calgary
Calgary 95 points, 40 ROW. Games left: vs Los Angeles, @Winnipeg
Los Angeles 93 points, 37 ROW. Games left: @Calgary, vs Sharks.

The Kings @ Flames game on Thursday is HUGEEE!!! If Flames win that one, Kings are eliminated! If Flames lose that, they can still make the playoffs if the win in any fashion vs Jets.

Race in the east:
Detroit 97 points, 38 ROW. Games left: @Montreal, @Carolina
Pittsburgh 96 points, 38 ROW. Games left: vs Islanders, @Buffalo.
Boston 95 points, 37 ROW. Games left: @Washington, @Florida, @Tampa
Ottawa 95 poitns, 35 ROW. Games left: @NY Rangers, @Philadelphia

I'd say Pittsburgh is surely in because they have a home game left; and a game vs Buffalo. Ottawa is still on outside looking in because they are behind in ROW. Tying won't cut it. They likely need to win out for the season. Unless Rangers rest some players as they have already clinched, the Rangers game will be a tough one for them.

The Kings are my other team, honestly thought they were going to tie it up after Doughty scored that goal :cry: Calgary decides the Kings playoff fate now.

leafs go 6th overall

win lottery

parade begin

I like this guy.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
54.5% chance we would get the 5th pick. 8.5% chance we get the 1st pick. Only a 37% chance we would pick 6th.

We are playing the hottest team in the NHL though. They are 13-1-1 in their last 15 games. Then we play one of the best teams in the NHL.

Carolina plays a struggling Red Wings team and a non-playoff team.

I'd say the odds of us getting McDavid at this point are higher than drafting at #6.
In some cases we're just going to keep taunting fate until it slaps us to death :laugh:.

The Leafs have managed to make everything we didn't want to happen, happen. Columbus could be the hottest team in the history of the NHL, we're still going to beat them. Probably in a shootout since we love them right now.

Montreal seems even more likely to be a win. They aren't going to care that much about the last game, they'll probably start their backup which is basically a guaranteed loss because Montreal - Price = easy pickings.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You guys are talking about 6th?

Come on....

There is a higher chance we get McDavid

Shwaguy*

I remember the when we were in 8th/9th last and people were saying we were gonna go on a run and not finish top 10.

we're still gonna get a top 5 pick.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
So who do you guys want at 6th overall if we miss out on McDavid, Strome, Hanifin, and Marner?

I'm leaning towards Werenski or Provorov there, followed by Rantanen and Barzal. Whichever of those our scouts deem best I'd be thrilled with.

For me personally, I see a bit of a drop off at 9, and we're gonna get 6th at worst.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
I would look to trade down and get a 2015 second as we are missing one.

6-11 don't seem like they have much difference.

I would prefer Barzal or Zacha

Provorov. Elite potential imo.

Wouldnt be upset with Barzal though as I see him becoming a #1C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes