Rebuild/Draft & Develop/Tank GDT #31: 5th is actually going to happen. You know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If we end up picking 6th, I wonder if this will force shannahan's hand. I mean, fans are way more knowledgeable nowadays. If this current group's final act is screwing the pick, how will the fans react on opening day next season?

No more waiting till the right price, waiting till the deadline, scorched earth at the draft or get booed for a whole season

And God help them all if 4th overall wins the lottery

just because 4th overall wins the lottery doesn't mean the Leafs at 4th would have won the lottery even though that's how the media would totally portray it as.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Just hoping Columbus and Montreal will beat our faces in this week. Also, Carolina has done fairly well against Philadelphia this season. Just hoping for the best...

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
People need to understand the laws of cause and effect. If we finished 5th and Carolina won the lottery at 4th, it doesn't mean that the Leafs would have won the lottery at 4th.

Pretty sure it would, each team is assigned a series of numbers corresponding to the place they finished and the winner is based on who gets the magical combination, its not like they put 200 buffalo balls, 135 arizona balls etc etc... Pretty sure the numbers assigned at the 27th slot are what they are, regardless of who occupies it.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
just because 4th overall wins the lottery doesn't mean the Leafs at 4th would have won the lottery even though that's how the media would totally portray it as.

Unless theres something I missed when reading the draft lotto rules, yes it would. See my post above.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Unless theres something I missed when reading the draft lotto rules, yes it would. See my post above.

no. but what i mean is...
okay. if the Leafs were 4th, and 5th won the lottery people would be all. "SEE! why didn't we win 5th!" which is similar to if, 4th won the lottery and the Leafs were not 4th, people would be all . WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE LOST THE GAMES MORE.

so while 4th is 4th, 5th, is 5th, the Leafs being 4th or 5th wouldn't mean we'd win or not.

i don't even care if this makes sense or not i am telling myself things to make myself feel better to where we draft.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Trust me not that many ups. A decent team in the mid-late 70's. 92-94 and the Quinn years and that folks is it.

yup, unfortunately they hooked me during the pat burns era. nobody told me it would be like this :cry:

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
no. but what i mean is...
okay. if the Leafs were 4th, and 5th won the lottery people would be all. "SEE! why didn't we win 5th!" which is similar to if, 4th won the lottery and the Leafs were not 4th, people would be all . WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE LOST THE GAMES MORE.

so while 4th is 4th, 5th, is 5th, the Leafs being 4th or 5th wouldn't mean we'd win or not.

i don't even care if this makes sense or not i am telling myself things to make myself feel better to where we draft.

I sympathize with your feels, as I am trying to tell myself similar things, but unfortunately if we end up 5th not 4th and the canes win the lotto, there will be many a questions, along ample *****ing and moaning

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Just hoping Columbus and Montreal will beat our faces in this week. Also, Carolina has done fairly well against Philadelphia this season. Just hoping for the best...

It's a tough one to call now. This team seems hell bent on ****ing with the fans.

We have to hope Montreal plays Price in that last game because Tokarski is garbage.

I think our fate is in Carolina's hands now.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Since it's a fake series, they will be down 4-1 and have a huge 3rd period comeback.

That will be in fake game 7, against the Habs at home. They'll come back and win it in OT to clinch the finish ahead of Carolina. Kessel will score the winner, vindicating himself after a whole year of trials and tribulations. The crowd will roar with approval, as nothing is more popular in Toronto than fake playoff hockey in the ACC. Our heroes will parade around the rink, sticks held high to salute the fans, smiles from ear to ear. The woohoos and hollers will echo from coast to coast as they raise Horacek's cup (please don't kiss it or drink from it Phaneuf, you freak). Polak and the other fallen warriors will trot onto the ice in street clothes for hugs and high fives, and join their mates for the traditional team photo. Then they'll stream off the ice, tossing their jerseys and sticks to the crowd, regaled by "Go Leafs Go" chants, as the announcers praise them for going out with a bang and talk about how well it bodes for the future. And so will end another classic Leafs season, as I slam my remote against the wall and lift my head up from the puddle of vomit and tears.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's a tough one to call now. This team seems hell bent on ****ing with the fans.

We have to hope Montreal plays Price in that last game because Tokarski is garbage.

Guaranteed we face Tokarski. But this team has also lost to Lindback...

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010

All we need to do is lay down for Lumbus, easy peasy right? I still see the horricanes (Pete should apply to be an assistant there) nabbing at least one point.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012

Carolina is defiantly playing well enough (on paper) to get at least a point in their last two. Leafs need a clutch loss tomorrow.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Has anyone seen the Horachek Cup? I'm dreading the Leafs core skating around euphorically after beating Montreal on Saturday raising it and their middle fingers to the baying mob.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
yup, unfortunately they hooked me during the pat burns era. nobody told me it would be like this :cry:

The Pat Burns era was our identity era. Or at least what you think should be our identity. Quinn as well. Everyone required to compete and play in all 3 zones. Only this time instead of trading for a 30 year old Gilmour, we need to draft him at 18 and build it.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Unrelated, but how the eff is LAK losing the coilers??? They shat the bed versus the nucks last night, now this?

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
The Pat Burns era was our identity era. Or at least what you think should be our identity. Quinn as well. Everyone required to compete and play in all 3 zones. Only this time instead of trading for a 30 year old Gilmour, we need to draft him at 18 and build it.

Absolutely. I'm getting sick of these hackey players.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I sympathize with your feels, as I am trying to tell myself similar things, but unfortunately if we end up 5th not 4th and the canes win the lotto, there will be many a questions, along ample *****ing and moaning

i don't think there would be enough chocolate on this planet that would make me feel better if 4th did win the lottery. i swear. i would hate ever single player on that team, not named Morgan Rielly, Peter Holland, and Nazem Kadri. (oh and Panik).

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Pretty sure it would, each team is assigned a series of numbers corresponding to the place they finished and the winner is based on who gets the magical combination, its not like they put 200 buffalo balls, 135 arizona balls etc etc... Pretty sure the numbers assigned at the 27th slot are what they are, regardless of who occupies it.

Not if the source of entropy they're using to generate the random numbers is somehow linked to the NHL standings due to quantum entanglement!

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Unrelated, but how the eff is LAK losing the coilers??? They shat the bed versus the nucks last night, now this?

ooh my.
seriously. i hope the Kings don't make it. (just for storylines and new teams to cheer for)

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
ooh my.
seriously. i hope the Kings don't make it. (just for storylines and new teams to cheer for)

The more good teams falter, LA/SJ not making the playoffs, or others getting bounced in the 1st round, Detroit/Chicago/Anaheim/Nashville etc., the better our trade position for Kessel/Phaneuf.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
The more good teams falter, LA/SJ not making the playoffs, or others getting bounced in the 1st round, Detroit/Chicago/Anaheim/Nashville etc., the better our trade position for Kessel/Phaneuf.

yeeup.

oh. :( i just realised that we don't even have TSN/Version for playoffs. it's ALL Rogers. oh that's boo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad