Rebuild/Draft & Develop/Tank GDT #31: 5th is actually going to happen. You know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You meant when the Leafs win Wednesday

yup.
ignore the fact Bob has an amazing record against us. Ignore the fact that we suck on the road. Ignore the fact that Columbus when healthy can lower the boom on us.

we're winning in Ohio tomorrow.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
That should clinch the playoff series. But wait, that doesn't sound like the leafs. They will lose Wednesday. Saturday they will have a 4-1 lead and collapse.

Imagine if that happened.:laugh:

:laugh: even in fake playoff land, we still lose.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Yes they can...

If the Leafs lose Wednesday and Canes win Thursday (or get a point), then the Leafs have 4th going into the lottery guaranteed.

If the Leafs win Wednesday, then we for sure won't know if we pick 4th or 5th (pre-lotto) until Saturday night. Same goes for if Canes lose Thursday.

Right, sorry.. long day :/

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
yup.
ignore the fact Bob has an amazing record against us. Ignore the fact that we suck on the road. Ignore the fact that Columbus when healthy can lower the boom on us.

we're winning in Ohio tomorrow.
The boys are going to be feeling good fishing,golfing and relaxing around Lake Muskoka,Joseph and Rosseau this summer because they finished by winning the Horachek Cup. Nevermind they did sweet **** all from the 3rd week of December to the last week of March. Trade all these useless pukes.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Right, sorry.. long day :/

No worries!

It's going to be extremely nerve-wracking if the Leafs win against CBJ... Either way I feel like it is going to come down to the Saturday night games. Just hope the Leafs lose against CBJ and Car beats Philly. Then I can just relax on Saturday and actually whole-heartily cheer for the Leafs against MTL (not that it means anything, but it would be nice to know I can cheer for the Leafs without worrying about them screwing up their future.... I've been worried enough throughout this season already).

horner

May 22, 2007
Last season, when we practically had a playoff lock, the Bozo line disintegrates. This season, we're in a playoff spot and they go MIA for a half-season.
Now, when it's all about drafting a franchise player, they come alive at game 73.
**** clowns.

I want this team blown up even more than before

They are probably excite for the upcoming off season

Kessel and His bomb buddy Bozak made up lol.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Please let us finish 4th.
Cmon Carolina let's see some wins !

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
The boys are going to be feeling good fishing,golfing and relaxing around Lake Muskoka,Joseph and Rosseau this summer because they finished by winning the Horachek Cup. Nevermind they did sweet **** all from the 3rd week of December to the last week of March. Trade all these useless pukes.

here here.
seriously, it wouldn't even be so bad if we were Columbus. I think we'd all be irritated but i mean.. it was out of our hands. but they did crap for months, and went "oh hey. now we should play." piss the hell off all of them (except the kids)

Rufio65*

Could you imagine if LA misses the playoffs and they got McDavid? 2 Cups in 4 years and a generational talent.

Salgari

Apr 29, 2004
www.myspace.com
If we end up picking 6th, I wonder if this will force shannahan's hand. I mean, fans are way more knowledgeable nowadays. If this current group's final act is screwing the pick, how will the fans react on opening day next season?

No more waiting till the right price, waiting till the deadline, scorched earth at the draft or get booed for a whole season

And God help them all if 4th overall wins the lottery

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
C'mon Leafs do what you do best. Lose the next 2 games.

You got it just a tad wrong.

It is not losing that Leafs do best, it is disappointing the fans part. So if you are hoping for leafs to do what they do best, watch out!

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
You got it just a tad wrong.

It is not losing that Leafs do best, it is disappointing the fans part. So if you are hoping for leafs to do what they do best, watch out!
It was just wishful thinking. I know they are winning the next 2 games.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
People need to understand the laws of cause and effect. If we finished 5th and Carolina won the lottery at 4th, it doesn't mean that the Leafs would have won the lottery at 4th.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
People need to understand the law of cause and effect. If we finished 5th and Carolina won the lottery at 4th, it doesn't mean that the Leafs would have won the lottery at 4th.
Look all I want is a top 5 pick. We ain't winning the lottery but you can guarantee if we finish 26th that someone like the Sens are going to win the lottery and we pick 6th.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
People need to understand the laws of cause and effect. If we finished 5th and Carolina won the lottery at 4th, it doesn't mean that the Leafs would have won the lottery at 4th.

We also didn't trade Seguin and Hamilton for Kessel but that's what happened. No one will care about cause and effect watching McDavid play for the team that won from 4th. It will be another Leaf thing that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad