Movies: Rebel Moon (2023) Zack Snyder space opera on Netflix

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Heard some god awful things about this movie, but I'll probably still check it out for myself.

I've recently watched two Neil Breen movies, so Rebel Moon will probably feel like Citizen Kane in space in comparison. lol
Neil Breen movies are so bad that they are good in the sense that they are really funny to watch and dissect. That's not the case with this movie.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
You guys don’t like this one? But I was told sci-fi fans would think it was good despite critics nearly unanimously thinking it was terrible

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Dude I'd take Michael Bay any f***ing day. There's a lot of garbage in Michael Bay's filmography, but you also get some just fun action movies a la Bad Boys, The Rock, Pain and Gain, etc.

Snyder has like... I guess Dawn of the Dead (I don't like it but being as generous as possible)?
The Rock is the only Bay movie I genuinely like.

I can't think of a single Snyder movie that I have strong positive feelings for.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I didn't really like 300 that much. I remember it more for the memes tbh
300 found a way of toeing the line between being incredibly homophobic and gay at the same time.

Absolute brutal film - completely unwatchable and I felt like I was taking crazy pills in the mid 2000s with everyone around me loving it.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
300 and Watchmen are good. Both have flaws, but are still good over-all. Everything Snyder has done since then has been various degrees of terrible.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
A movie like 300 was not a masterpiece but it was at least fun.

Snyder just seems stuck in a teenage phase where he thinks that making movies brooding and dark, makes them seem more mature and adult.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I watched about an hour of it downloaded for the cruise I'm on and it's a bunch of decent Sci fi action scenes with the most paper thin pretext for it all. Really don't feel like watching the rest.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
Just finished it. It’s pretty bad. Snyder needs a new schtick. The whole dark and brooding, with slo-mo shots is cool once, maybe twice. But it’s grown very tiresome. It tries so hard to be a Star Wars clone, however Star Wars set the bar the bar way to high and this doesn’t even come close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad