Movies: Rebel Moon (2023) Zack Snyder space opera on Netflix

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
At first from the name I thought Star Wars spinoff but looks like it has nothing to do with that franchise. Always up for a good space opera so will give this a chance for sure. It is supposedly inspired by Kurosawa's Seven Samurai

What is Rebel Moon about?​

When a peaceful colony on the edge of the galaxy finds itself threatened by the armies of the tyrannical Regent Balisarius, they dispatch a young woman with a mysterious past named Kora to seek out warriors from neighboring planets to help them take a stand.

Who is in the cast of Rebel Moon?​

The film’s star-studded stargazers include (*deep breath*) Sofia Boutella, Djimon Hounsou, Ed Skrein, Michiel Huisman, Bae Doona, Ray Fisher, Charlie Hunnam and Anthony Hopkins as the voice of Jimmy. Oh, but there’s more: The Rebel Moon team also includes (*another, deeper breath*) Cary Elwes, Corey Stoll, Jena Malone, Fra Fee, Cleopatra Coleman, Alfonso Herrera, Stuart Martin, Staz Nair, Sky Yang, Rhian Rees, E. Duffy and Charlotte Maggi.

When will Rebel Moon be streaming on Netflix?​

Rebel Moon hits Netflix on Dec. 22 2023

Reactions: Behn Wilson

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
What? There is some well know and very good actors on that list. I am guessing Sir Anthony Hopkins is one of them the other probably SoA start Hunnam?
Cary Elwes. I thought Hunnam was, but I looked him up and haven't seen anything so I must have been thinking of someone else.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Surely you've seen Djimon Hounsou more than a few times

UnlawfulHeartyChanticleer-max-1mb.gif

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
The cast does not live up to the set-ups, deep breath....

That said there are some decent members in there, This sounds interesting and I will definitely check it out. Hopefully Djimon Hounsou's character fares better than in his in Guardians of the Galaxy after getting the finger across the throat threatment from Drax.

Thx to original poster on this, I had never heard of this and I love these kind of movies,

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
There seems to be a sort of Star Wars link to this after all in that Snyder originally pitched the idea/store to George Lucas as a Star Wars film before Lucas sold everything to Disney.

"Marmur further added that Snyder has had the concept for the film in his head “for decades,” and even likened it to Star Wars. It’s a comparison that’s pretty fitting, since Snyder originally pitched this as a Star Wars movie to Lucasfilm years before Disney would buy the company. Even its story feels very familiar to those films, mixed in with some of Akira Kurosawa’s Seven Samurai: Sofia Boutella stars as Kora, a young woman named who has to assemble a group of warriors to push back an invading galactic empire."

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Looks pretty wild, love the concept of let's do a new Star Wars without Star Wars. We'll see if it can live up to the hype.

Part 1 out Dec 22, part 2 is Apr 19.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Awesome trailer that for once, didnt spoil the entire movie like most of Netflix trailers do.

Love that we are getting 2 movies out of it also.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
3-minute trailer and Hunnam doesn’t even get one word in. Just re-watched King Arthur recently, guy was a leading man not that long ago.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I for one am shocked that a bad director made a bad movie.
Reading the article it looks fine to me. These are the early film critic reviews while this is a quintessential Zack Snyder film but inspired by Star Wars, so expect lots of slow-mo action scenes. Not the type of movie that well rate well with film critics but could have a better viewer response. I'm not invested in it or anything but just the fact that this is the movie idea Snyder had kicking around in his head for 20 years I think there's gotta be something decent there at least.

Though the main concerning part... What's being released on Netflix in a few days is a cut PG-13 release of the movie, while the extended R-rated 'Snyder cut' is coming later. I only tend to watch things once so I think I'll probably wait for that.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
lmao at caring at what the "Critic" score is.

The "Audience" score is always much more telling, which is currently at a respectable 76%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad