Reaves Suspension Incoming?

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
i have NO problems with a guy giving another player a cross check after the whistle in scrum. Why ? because it happens in EVERY scrum.

You know what DOES NOT happen in every scrum ? A guy getting crosschecked in the face.

Why that is hard to understand befuddles me. But keep going on what you think WOULD HAVE happened was inevitable and that in the multiverse, every single one of them tom wilson cross checks reeves if reeves doesn't decide to pre emptively crosscheck wilson in the face first. i mean why wait to see what actually happens when you can actually predict it with certainty ?
Very nice... except for the fact that there was no crosscheck to the face.

Try again.

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
So you have graduated from Predicting the future to speaking for everyone? Noice!

How long till you declare yourself the king of hfboards?

Was Wilson peeved? Sure, was his only outlet a cross check? Hells no (but then again I'm not omniscient, quelle domage)
Is that Urdu ?

Because it's certainly not French...

Reactions: BuckyDornster

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
So you have graduated from Predicting the future to speaking for everyone? Noice!

How long till you declare yourself the king of hfboards?

Was Wilson peeved? Sure, was his only outlet a cross check? Hells no (but then again I'm not omniscient, quelle domage)

You don't have to predict the future. Reaves didn't skate over and hit Wilson when Wilson is standing and scratching his chin, wondering what to do. He's literally in the middle of his own cross-check. Many, many posters have literally already said this. The only poster who has yet to buy it is a Tom Wilson fanboy. No one needs to graduate from anything to connect those dots. Saving us all on tuition from a made up school. Noice!

flieg44

Dec 29, 2007
Reaves gave Wilson a little poke with his glove (self-defense), Wilson fell to the Ice grabbing his face. 2:00 minutes to Reaves for Roughing......fair. Did I count (3) times in Game 2 Wilson fell to the Ice grabbing his face.

Lawd Stanley

Apr 10, 2017
The Great White North
Reaves is a dirty player and a goon. Wilson is a completely clean player and has never once thrown an illegal hit to the head. He’s been maligned by the DOPS for no reason. I just don’t understand these videos where the losers he hits decide they want to be injured.

trader997

Oct 17, 2008
Montreal
Half of Wilson's hit are borderline boarding calls in these playoffs. This guy is a bigger version of Rinaldo and ultimately a dangerous player on the ice. All the shit he gets on the ice, he certainly deserves it. And give me a break, Reeves little punch to the head is not even close of being a suspension and Wilson embellished it on top of it.

Last edited:

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Reaves is a dirty player and a goon. Wilson is a completely clean player and has never once thrown an illegal hit to the head. He’s been maligned by the DOPS for no reason. I just don’t understand these videos where the losers he hits decide they want to be injured.
That's way too deep.

Many posters will take what you wrote at face value.

God had her reasons when she created emoticons.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I agree that Reaves is very dirty and a total goon.

I never liked how he plays and I hope he retires soon.

Reactions: pucky

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
I agree that Reaves is very dirty and a total goon.

I never liked how he plays and I hope he retires soon.
Yeah, but he could still take someone's head off and wouldn't get suspended. Of course, even Wilson gets one. The NHL won't suspend Reaves as he gets a free pass.

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Lmao a suspension? I'm a big Tom Wilson fan, but he was clearly coming in gesturing like he was going to crosscheck Reaves and Reaves just reacted quicker to defend himself and punched him in the face, it was no cross check. He didn't make contact with his stick. He simply punched him in the face during a front of the net scrum. Beauty! That's how you let opponents know not to f*** with you.

Reactions: Lyons71

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Yeah, but he could still take someone's head off and wouldn't get suspended. Of course, even Wilson gets one. The NHL won't suspend Reaves as he gets a free pass.

A free pass for what? The response to this thread has been pretty against suspension, and Kuz got McNabb worse (and I don't think that is a suspension either.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad