Confirmed with Link: Reaves & 2017 2nd to PIT for 2017 1st & Oskar Sundqvist

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Welp we got good value.

And Reaves also made $1.1 million for being a pretty low-minute player.

Army has cleared out some cap space for sure.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I wonder if we are going to see a Paajarvi - Brodziak - Jaskin fourth line next season.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
what a great night for our franchise.

LOTS of cap space now and assuming we give a spot to paajarvi/barbashev we have space to sign someone like a justin williams too.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Since we got Kostin, it will be easy to overlook Sundqvist in this deal. He has put up good numbers in the AHL, but he has the size, physical play and defensive abilities to handle himself on the fourth line. He might be a direct replacement for Reaves immediately.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
i bet they put reaves out with crosby and he turns into 40 point winger to replace Kunitz :sarcasm:

i would have taken reaves and 51 for 31, sundquist is just a nice bonus. reaves is a replacement level player and if we really want to im sure we can resign him next year.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I'm so happy about both trades. Don't mind the risky kostin pick but preferred nic hague. Still an amazing day that will go down in blues history. I can't wait for next season

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Many Pens fans had Sundqvist down as their 4th center next season so we're surprised the staff changed their minds on him. He needs to clear waivers this fall, maybe they didn't see him make the team.

Sunqdvist is a big guy at 6'3" and 210 lbs, not very aggressive but he uses his strength and reach to battle for the puck. Mostly plays center but can do RW as well. Plays a two-way game and was used on both special teams with the Baby Pens. On the PP he'll screen the goalie and show some very decent hands in close. Downsides is he is not a great skater nor playmaker, and generally lacks any particular high-end skill.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
It's a possibility, but I would be surprised.

Hell, Musil might be ready for the 4th line centre role in 2018.

I forgot about Adam. You are probably right there. I suspect Army isn't done trading. We are starting to get stacked with young duplicate players who need spots.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'm so happy about both trades. Don't mind the risky kostin pick but preferred nic hague. Still an amazing day that will go down in blues history. I can't wait for next season

I said earlier in the week that I had reservations about Kostin. He has all the tools; size, skating, hands and aggressiveness. The issue that his physical tools, that combination of size and speed, has allowed him to dominate his own age group.

When he moved up to playing against men, he just didn't produce. How much of that is down to injuries and how much of that is not thinking the game fast enough is a question, if it is the latter then switching to smaller ice is going to be problematic. Yes, he was a 17 year old playing against men, but Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Kaprizov, etc, were all capable.

If his struggles this year were injury related, he is undoubtedly a top-10 talent. Size, speed and skill. Not Tarasenko upside, but top line upside.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Maybe let Upshall walk, and move this kid over to winger on the 4th line? Jaskin/PRV Brodziak Sundqvist

I think the decision has already been made to allow Upshall to walk.

I forgot about Adam. You are probably right there. I suspect Army isn't done trading. We are starting to get stacked with young duplicate players who need spots.

I still question where Schmaltz fits into the roster.

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Edmundson - Parayko
Dunn/Walman - Bortuzzo
Gunnarsson

That is a very natural defensive lineup, and we aren't handing anyone a roster spot with Gunnarsson still in the mix. Schmaltz for a forward prospect could make sense, particularly a RW.

Another thing about Kostin is that he has said that he wants to sign his ELC immediately, so he could be looking at the AHL next season. Which is obviously an issue with the Vegas sharing arrangement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad