Post-Game Talk: Rearrange the Rangers 11/20/19 @ 8 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Should have been a gator for Lemieux which I think is a game and fine for the coach under 5 minutes. Or some shit.

Reactions: Calicaps

JayBeagleFanAccount

May 30, 2018
Washington, DC
kuzy defense.jpg
Not sure where Kuznetsov is going here, thats his man wide open in front of the net.

Reactions: Pomee

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Jensen has definitely regressed since we acquired him last TDL. There were a few times that he got strong armed and pushed off a rush for a goal or two that I remembered vividly last year, but he seemed solid other than that.

He was much more sound positionally and would be able to move the puck himself out of danger and make the breakout and then pass.

This year he's just a hot mess. Getting beat, pushed around, taking bad angles, passes are giveaways and he gets caught puck watching a lot. It's still early, but I don't know what happened.

Jun 15, 2007
Jensen has definitely regressed since we acquired him last TDL. There were a few time that he got strong armed and pushed off a rush for a goal or two that I remembered vividly last year, but he seemed solid other than that.

He was much more sound positionally and would be able to move the puck himself out of danger and make the breakout and then pass.

This year he's just a hot mess. Getting beat, pushed around, taking bad angles, passes are giveaways and he gets caught puck watching a lot. It's still early, but I don't know what happened.

Gave him 10m.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
There doesn’t appear to be anything physically wrong with OV except that he is playing poorly. Anyone hitting that much and making the move he made with the empty net can’t be that injured.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Jensen has definitely regressed since we acquired him last TDL. There were a few time that he got strong armed and pushed off a rush for a goal or two that I remembered vividly last year, but he seemed solid other than that.

He's been pretty bad, especially after be resigned. I think I rather have Djoos and Fehervary both than have Jensen keep up the nonsense.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Didn't Jensen get extended before ever playing a shift with the Caps? What's everyone talking about? I'm not happy with him, but I suspect the difference from last year is the system change. He's not adapting well and not able to handle tougher minutes.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Sigh - that game ruined my day and made me angry. Not because of our guys, so much, but because the Rangers are sweaty arse-cracks and the commentary sucked. And that idiot saying our team start hitting and trying to hurt people when they are losing - such a crock.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Didn't Jensen get extended before ever playing a shift with the Caps? What's everyone talking about. I'm not happy with him, but I suspect the difference from last year is the system change. He's not adapting well and not able to handle tougher minutes.

Yep, he was resigned and then there was the big hype about him and Dowd being best buds. He hasn't been good since Carolina series. Prior to that he looked like a steal.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Thanks for the wisdom.....I’m aware.

I’d like to see Djoos be able to up his trade value with a showcase here..and I’m ok with Fever getting all situations in Hershey for a bit.

If I remember correctly you were Fever’s biggest critic to start the season and I was one of his biggest advocates. I don’t need hockey lessons thanks.
No I wasn't. I have no problem with him at all. But I wasn't against sending him to Hershey to develop his game. I still think he could get another shot with the Caps this season.
My point is that Jensen has been mediocre. I don't feel Djoos is a big step up. I think Fehrevary is the better option even though he has limited experience.
I don't think people here were expecting alot from Jensen but he isn't meeting those expectations. He looks like a rookie out there.
And people jumped all over me when I said Bowey is probably out playing Jensen. I stand by that comment. At least Bowey is producing a little bit. We are getting nothing from Jensen. We are getting nothing from Jensen. 2 assists in 24 games playing on the highest scoring team in the league. His numbers should be inflated due to the talent surrounding him.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Lemieux was throwing punches before Wilson dropped his gloves (or even his stick). I mean, i guess i’d do same if i found myself squared up v. 43. Still, as a general matter, lame to start swinging before other guy can drop his gloves.

I thought they had a penalty for when that happens? Or would it only be a penalty if Wilson hadn't dropped his gloves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad