Post-Game Talk: Rearrange the Rangers 11/20/19 @ 8 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He is mediocre at everything. Definitely our 6th best dman right. We have 2 or 3 guys in Hershey better.

He's brutal but he's not mediocre at everything. Potential is there but he's never gonna reach it. Excellent technique and he's a very good skater, too. He's so terrible because he doesn't seem to be willing to work on his weaknesses. Same bs every game...for years. Hasn't improved the slightest bit since entering the league. Not even one thing I could come up with that he improved.

In terms of talent he's probably nr.2 on the Caps defense making him even more frustrating to watch. He just doesn't seem to give a shit.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
He has zero offense. Maybe less.

This was a night of Carlson and...five dudes.

Backstrom is the glue.
Didn’t watch the 3rd but I thought Orlov looked really good, especially since he was saddled with Jensen. He’s not getting enough love for his play this season IMO.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Just watched the last of first period and knew that the hockey gods were not with us last night. In about a five minute span 3 off the post or crossbar (Kempny, Oshie, Carlson I believe). I think that span might have changed the complexion of the game a tad.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Just looking through some of the posts, really are we having seller's remorse for Bowey. Yesterday's conversations were about Burakovsky. Both of these players may show better with their new teams, however neither were fits for the Capitals. Burakovsky would still be on the third line with the Caps if he had remained and he would not be producing like he's currently. Detroit can afford to have patience with Bowey, the Capitals did not have that luxury. In BMAC we trust!

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
It was tough to swallow because I want to be out there with the guys,” Hathaway said after Wednesday’s game. “You know, I felt helpless tonight, and I let the guys down in the room and I let the organization down. In the end, I respect the league’s decision, and I had a fair opportunity to explain my side of things and how I saw the events unfold.” Hathaway's quote that appeared in today's WAPO :laugh:.

Perhaps he should have used this as his defense when he spoke with the Commissioner.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Didn’t watch the 3rd but I thought Orlov looked really good, especially since he was saddled with Jensen. He’s not getting enough love for his play this season IMO.
He has been good. Quite often lately they pair Orlov & Carlson together when playing from behind and needing a push. Problem is that leaves Kempny & Jensen together and you get stuff like the wide open Howden goal. Hard to do when the depth isn't there to sustain it otherwise.

As games tighten up we'll see how the D manages to elevate their game. Turnovers and general bumbling around weren't a good sign but just one game (and something of a scheduling/F depth issue). I get Sgarbossa on the third line for balance reasons but then they probably shouldn't load up the top line either. Malenstyn looked pretty good, at least.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
All I know is if Malenstyn plays the next two games the way he played last night he better get some more games when guys come back.

7:58 of ice time, 84.88 CF% :amazed:, he was on for 14-3 shot attempts, his line had 5 high danger chances and only allowed 1.

I mean I get the adrenaline factor and all but he definitely didn't show any nervousness.

p.s. I turned the game off after they hit the third post, sometimes it just isn't your night. :laugh:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It sure looked like Willy didn't want to fight. He was very late to drop the gloves, and then may have done the wrestling leg grab move to end the fight.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Rags are gonna think they're a good team after this. :biglaugh:

No, most Ranger fans think the team isn't very good, but they do think its loaded with potential high end talent. Kaako, Chytil, Fox, DeAngelo to name a few.

FWIW, the Caps are the best team in the east. They lost a game that they had plenty of chances to win. No big deal. They are going to be just fine.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Wilson is going to take Claude Jr's soul when they meet the next time. I don't necessarily think he did that much wrong but Wilson certainly didn't expect him to jump on him even though he propably should have. Lemieux drew pretty much every punch he did before Wilson got squared and after that he was trying to tie him up and hold on for dear life. Wilson is going to be pissed the next time around.

Kudos to Lemieux for getting up though. No small thing to get sandwiched between Wilson and Ovechkin.

JayBeagleFanAccount

May 30, 2018
Washington, DC
Respectfully disagree - unless you can provide some substance to a claim like that. One of THE worst in the NHL??? Wow....

Using RAPM, GAR, and WAR over a 3 year sample out of all defensemen who have played 1000 minutes Bowey ranks 233 out of 237. So yeah, one of the worst in the NHL.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Wilson is going to take Claude Jr's soul when they meet the next time. I don't necessarily think he did that much wrong but Wilson certainly didn't expect him to jump on him even though he propably should have. Lemieux drew pretty much every punch he did before Wilson got squared and after that he was trying to tie him up and hold on for dear life. Wilson is going to be pissed the next time around.

Kudos to Lemieux for getting up though. No small thing to get sandwiched between Wilson and Ovechkin.

Wilson is just going to send him a picture of Lemieux laying on the ice with his arms wrapped around Willy's leg with the caption "Daddy don't go."

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

I enjoy it immensely when they do this to opposing players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad