Post-Game Talk: Really good team vs. Really bad team, 7:08 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
Players do have the same mentality today. See players without helmets in warm-ups and players refusing to wear visors, for instance. The specific example of grandfathering in helmets into actual games may not apply, but the mentality demonstrated by it still does.

And an uninformed opinion should be challenged. If you're going to state your opinion in a discussion regarding player safety, don't get upset if someone asks you to back up your opinion with evidence or reasoning.

:facepalm:
The Taylor Hall comment was pretty obviously demonstrating a case of a modern player not wearing a helmet at all. It's about the fact that players are poor judges of their own safety. Context clues, dude.

Again, I'm not going to continue because it isn't worth it.

tumblr_n3u4n9fUuQ1rfwfq9o1_1280.png

Here is a definition of opinion if you need to revise its meaning. Feel free to challenge my opinion but it doesn't have to be backed with black/white evidence every single time.
This is going no where and I don't feel like arguing over players wearing helmets in warm ups when I started out with a statement about NHLPA not agreeing on wanting to wear full cages.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Because they are our biggest rival and could be first round matchup.

the game is life and death for the penguins. its an exercise for the capitals. it being a potential first round match up is reason for Trotz to show them nothing but basics.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Its not Oprik's fault? Seriously, I am still wondering why Schmidt makes better decisions consistently than Orlov. Orlov has more experience and should know better.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Orlov roasted by Trotz? Not surprised, he's been awful since coming back from the California trip. Sitting for a game should send a clear message, hopefully we never see those horrific turnovers again in the playoffs.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Its not Oprik's fault? Seriously, I am still wondering why Schmidt makes better decisions consistently than Orlov. Orlov has more experience and should know better.

It's not Orpik's fault. I repeat, it's not Orpik's fault. Orlov should know better, it was his fault. Sit him out a game, then put him on the third pairing. It's clear he's been brutal with the decision making recently.

I still think Orlov will be great in a year or two but the time isn't now, his decision making needs improvement.

Go back to 27-2/44-74/9-88 for the playoffs. Put everyone in the best position to succeed.

Frame this post if you want to fellas. I just admitted I want Orpik playing top 4 and Orlov playing bottom pairing minutes :)

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I am a big fan of Orlov, but they should've dropped the ice time hammer much earlier on him - for his own sake. That way it would be part of his learning process (like Kuz used to do time on the 4th line)... whereas now it might come as a relatively big shock right before playoffs.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I won't be mad if Chorney plays over Orlov.

I wouldn't be shocked if that happens. Orlov throws a playoff pizza and he wont play anymore. I hope he learns from it, though. They need his ability to make something happen. Chorney isn't capable of that and neither really is Schmidt.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Trotz is killing Orlov in post game.

Well for starters he should have never put him with Orpik...go ahead bench him Trotz....why do our young guys get his rath but veterans do not...reminds me of BB...if I was Trotz I would be a lot more concerned with our scoring, or lack of.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
I wouldn't be shocked if that happens. Orlov throws a playoff pizza and he wont play anymore. I hope he learns from it, though. They need his ability to make something happen. Chorney isn't capable of that and neither really is Schmidt.

i hope he seats a game and learns. they've invested in him more than to chorney at this point, would be a disaster if orlov blows that

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It shouldn't be a shock for any professional on a team looking to win it all. This time of year they should be firing on all cylinders not making highlight reel mistakes. The kid should be on notice now. Make the simple play when at risk. Better he has his hand smacked now than a benching after losing a critical playoff game.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think Orlov will be just fine. He's good in the offensive zone and he's not bad in the defensive zone, but he really needs to have better decision making when exiting the zone. Something that can be taught.

Sit him, give him easier minutes when he returns. Do not stifle his offensive gifts but just make sure he makes better decisions in the defensive zone.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Just wanted to say congrats to the caps. Best team to lace them up in DC. Still have the ultimate goal obviously. But this something to be happy about. Been a fan since 81' and this is the best team I've ever rooted for. I'm not going to complain about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad