Realistic Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Paul Holmgren and Al Hill are scouting Tampa tonight. Obviously a big deal when Homer is going. They have to respect his eye for talent(can't take that away from him)

Something has to be brewing between the two teams big time. We have been following them for a little while now and rumors of us chasing Drouin as well. Let's see if Hexy can really get what he wants.

If a trade does break with the Lightning and Flyers, I will be nervous as all hell to see the deal though.

Someone mentioned Homer is also a scout for Team USA though as well.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Dustin leed Twitter account stating someone offered us 2 2nds for Gudas

That came from Bob McKenzie a few days ago. He added that it might have been from San Jose, who then traded 2 2nds to Toronto for Polak and Spalling.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
Paul Holmgren and Al Hill are scouting Tampa tonight. Obviously a big deal when Homer is going. They have to respect his eye for talent(can't take that away from him)

Something has to be brewing between the two teams big time. We have been following them for a little while now and rumors of us chasing Drouin as well. Let's see if Hexy can really get what he wants.

If a trade does break with the Lightning and Flyers, I will be nervous as all hell to see the deal though.

Man its all coming down

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Drouin has talent so go get him hexy. I don't really want him but that one game I watched he was all over the place.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Now officially nervous. The names make this mean so much more than the average scouting attendance.

What in the world could be the target? I absolutely will not believe Stamkos, even if it somehow happened. Is Carle playing?

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
You would hate him. He's never grinded in his life.
Jesus man let it go. I want skill like you but this team lack physical hockey. Whats wrong with me saying it? I love real high end talent not the players we have except G and he pisses me off sometimes.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Jesus man let it go. I want skill like you but this team lack physical hockey. Whats wrong with me saying it? I love real high end talent not the players we have except G and he pisses me off sometimes.

What type of players do you prefer for this roster?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The Flyers are:

1st in the NHL in penalty minutes.
3rd in the NHL in penalties.
3rd in the NHL in fights.
4th in the NHL in hits.
4th in the NHL in majors.
4th in the NHL in minors.

There is not much leeway to make the team be more physical/gritty/chippy/nasty!

This is 2016... not the late 90's, there are maybe ~4-5 teams in the NHL that play a more physical brand of hockey than the Flyers at the moment.

Anaheim, L.A., Boston, Winnipeg & St. Louis are the only ones who arguably play 'rougher and tougher' than the Flyers in the NHL.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Good player but I don't trust him. The last 30 games last year and all this year G has give him too many open nets to be stuck on 10 goals and we need scorers. Voracek for Stamkos right now if I could with the extra cap hit. I know that won't happen.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
If they are talking Drouin, the only reason to scout TBs roster wpuld be if anorher piece is coming back. If thats the case...its prob for salary reasons which means the Flyers would be sending a decent NHL contract to TB. So maybe this wouldn't be a prospect based deal for Drouin.

Idk how to feel.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
The Flyers are:

1st in the NHL in penalty minutes.
3rd in the NHL in penalties.
3rd in the NHL in fights.
4th in the NHL in hits.
4th in the NHL in majors.
4th in the NHL in minors.

There is not much leeway to make the team be more physical/gritty/nasty!

This is 2016... not the late 90's, there are maybe ~4-5 teams in the NHL that play a more physical brand of hockey than the Flyers.

Anaheim, L.A., Boston, Winnipeg & St. Louis are the only ones who arguably play 'rougher and tougher' than the Flyers in the NHL.
If I had to chose which way to win my Stanley cup between LA and Chicago I'm taking LA cause they play like the Flyers have always played. My preference guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad