Realistic Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Homer is scouting for Team USA, false alarm everyone.

We touched upon that. It could be more though. Why wouldn't he just wait til next week to look the guys over from Tampa then? Only reason I could see is there is a deadline he needs to beat with him down there. Other than that I could see him scouting for the Flyers.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
We touched upon that. It could be more though. Why wouldn't he just wait til next week to look the guys over from Tampa then? Only reason I could see is there is a deadline he needs to beat with him down there. Other than that I could see him scouting for the Flyers.

Tbf preliminary WC rosters have to be announced on March 2nd.

So there is another deadline apart from the trade one!

Tyler Johnson
Ryan Callahan
Kyle Palmieri
Lee Stempniak
Andy Greene
Cory Schneider
Ben Bishop

are all guys USA will be looking at, and quite a few are likely roster locks.

EliteProvorovSanheim

Jun 28, 2015
The Flyers are:

1st in the NHL in penalty minutes.
3rd in the NHL in penalties.
3rd in the NHL in fights.
4th in the NHL in hits.
4th in the NHL in majors.
4th in the NHL in minors.

There is not much leeway to make the team be more physical/gritty/chippy/nasty!

This is 2016... not the late 90's, there are maybe ~4-5 teams in the NHL that play a more physical brand of hockey than the Flyers at the moment.

Anaheim, L.A., Boston, Winnipeg & St. Louis are the only ones who arguably play 'rougher and tougher' than the Flyers in the NHL.

Wow! Interesting Stats!! Somewhat surprised Winnipeg is on the list and not San Jose.

Flyers have 3 players in the top 12 in the league: Simmonds, Gudas and surprisingly, White. It's funny White has more penalty minutes than Zach Rinaldo.

Smart, calculated physicality is the objective for the Flyers but they've let that get away from them too often. When that happens, it becomes counter productive. I still wouldn't change the approach but just keep preaching " Be Smart" with the physicality.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
Tbf preliminary WC rosters have to be announced on March 2nd.

So there is another deadline apart from the trade one!

Tyler Johnson
Ryan Callahan
Kyle Palmieri
Lee Stempniak
Andy Greene
Cory Schneider
Ben Bishop

are all guys USA will be looking at, and quite a few are likely roster locks.

ugh cancel the trade rumors now

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
If I had to chose which way to win my Stanley cup between LA and Chicago I'm taking LA cause they play like the Flyers have always played. My preference guys.

I actually agree with you, though I have a hard time deciding between who I'd like to have more: Doughty or Keith. I think the best way to do it would be a mixture between the two styles though.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I actually agree with you, though I have a hard time deciding between who I'd like to have more: Doughty or Keith. I think the best way to do it would be a mixture between the two styles though.
I take the team that won 2 Cups with Corey Crawford in net and made Ray Emery look like a Vezina candidate.
Does LA win 2 Cups without Quick?

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
Drouin can play, no doubt about that. He'll be ready to play next year which accelerates the rebuild. Come on Hexy get her done

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Drouin can play, no doubt about that. He'll be ready to play next year which accelerates the rebuild. Come on Hexy get her done

Hope you are not waiting in it tonight. Yzerman is playing in the Alumni game tonight. Then I am sure will be doing a little drinking tonight with all the boys.

catbellysqueezer

Dec 26, 2015
Out of all possible deals, Drouin seems most unlikely because we supposedly made an offer when the crap started a month ago, and nothing came of it over that entire period.

Hextall is in a tough position because anyone looking to make a deal is going to insist we include Provorov, Sanheim, Konecny, or Morin (and maybe even Gostisbehere if they're crazy) and that's a deal breaker right off the bat.

We may get some draft picks, but I don't think we're going to be acquiring any good, young players.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
Hope you are not waiting in it tonight. Yzerman is playing in the Alumni game tonight. Then I am sure will be doing a little drinking tonight with all the boys.

Nah, just hoping before the deadline and ill be fine

Heck, all i want is 2 Flyer trades on/before Monday and ill be estatic!

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
We have enough playmakers.. our problem is having too little Flyers able to beat a goalie with their shot.

Where does Drouin even fit? Not on our shutdown line with Couts.. & not on our first line with Giroux and Voracek, they would pass it around until one of them breaks their stick

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
You seem to want trades for the sake of trades.

I want a better future for the Flyers...and trades bring picks which gives us better shots at getting better..... and if we acquired Drouin that brings us closer/faster to the Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad